KyleK29

DAS - Dynamically Calculate Shares on %Risk or $Risk - Hot Key + Configuration, Updated 9/10/19, v2.1

1 hour ago, jpierson3 said:

Hello - I am having the same problem. Every time that I try to send an order, the prompt "set default share to 400" pops up on my montage. I am not sure how to fix this? I got my script from Thor's dropbox in the chatroom. 

The "set default share to 400" is normal, as Thor has it set to 400. It uses the DefShare variable for another calculation and then resets it to a user specified value at the end. 

With that said, I don't recommend new users to use Thor's desktop hotkeys as they're specific to his setup, mainly his broker. If you're in DAS Demo/Sim they will fail frequently and have an assortment of issues. They're for IBCO users (I've reached out to him to see if he can append those files to signal this). I recommend new users to download the Excel configuration sheet and configure them for their specific setup to minimize the chance of having issues.

• Like 1

---------------------------------------------------------
Profile / Project Pages (Dynamic Hotkeys, StreamDeck Files, and other contributions are located here)

On 6/27/2020 at 1:39 PM, Fernando Samora said:

Hey all, hope someone can help me out. Im trying the hotkets and they work GREAT. 

I do have one issue and would like some help: When im long in a position and scale out I can reclick my Long range order hotkey:

• (CXL  ALLSYMB; Route=Limit;Share=Pos;Price=AvgCost-StopPrice;Price=Price*3;Price=Price+AvgCost;Price=Round2;Route=Stop;StopType=Range;LowPrice=StopPrice;HighPrice=Price;TIF=DAY+;SELL=Send;ROUTE=LIMIT)

and it re calculates the remaining shares to reset the new share number with the same stop range....

However, when im in a short position and i click the same scale out hotkey and hitting the Short Range Order:

• (CXL ALLSYMB; Route=Limit;Share=Pos;Price=StopPrice-AvgCost;Price=Price*2;Price=AvgCost-Price;Price=Round2;Route=Stop;StopType=Range;HighPrice=StopPrice;LowPrice=Price;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Send;ROUTE=LIMIT)

it cancels the range order without getting into a new one. 

I was able to locate the issue on the short side.

Try this one:

CXL ALLSYMB;Route=Limit;Share=Pos;StopPrice=HighPrice;Price=StopPrice-AvgCost;Price=Price*2;Price=AvgCost-Price;Price=Round2;Route=Stop;StopType=Range;HighPrice=StopPrice;LowPrice=Price;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Send;ROUTE=LIMIT;

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

---------------------------------------------------------
Profile / Project Pages (Dynamic Hotkeys, StreamDeck Files, and other contributions are located here)

50 minutes ago, Andrew from Jersey said:

Good afternoon all, 

Is there a way to scale into a trade, long or short, and have the stop set to break-even? 

Thanks, 

Andrew

Hey Andrew, If you open Kyle's spreadsheet you'll see he has options to scale in additional risk:

$20
CXL ALLSYMB;DefShare=BP*0.97;Price=Ask+0.02-StopPrice;SShare=20/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=SMRTL;Price= Ask+0.02;TIF=DAY+; BUY=Send;DefShare=400;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice-0 ACT:SELL STOPPRICE:StopPrice QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+;

Hard to test right now (because the market is closed), but I think if you simply change StopPrice to AvgCost, that will reset your stop to break even at the same time.

9 minutes ago, Justin said:

Hey Andrew, If you open Kyle's spreadsheet you'll see he has options to scale in additional risk:

$20
CXL ALLSYMB;DefShare=BP*0.97;Price=Ask+0.02-StopPrice;SShare=20/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=SMRTL;Price= Ask+0.02;TIF=DAY+; BUY=Send;DefShare=400;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice-0 ACT:SELL STOPPRICE:StopPrice QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+;

Hard to test right now (because the market is closed), but I think if you simply change StopPrice to AvgCost, that will reset your stop to break even at the same time.

@Justin Is there a way to accomplish this with scaling in a percentage risk, instead of the set dollar amount risk? I use the 25% and 50% of position scale in function. 

Yes, that's also in the spreadsheet (although I added the stop order portion from the $ script).

This will add 50% to an existing position. So if you're long 100 shares, this will add another 50 shares and reset your stop to break even.

CXL ALLSYMB;DefShare=BP*0.97;Share=Pos;SShare=Share *0.5;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=SMRTL;Price= Ask+0.02;TIF=DAY+; BUY=Send;DefShare=400;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice-0 ACT:SELL STOPPRICE:AvgCost QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+;

• Thanks 1

@Justin Thank you! So I see the end of the script is what I was missing in mine, namely " TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice-0 ACT:SELL STOPPRICE:AvgCost QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+; ". Now, if I wanted to switch this to a short position function, would I just change that last part of the script from "SELL STOPPRICE:AVGCost" to "BUY STOPPRICE:AVGCost" ??

A couple more spots to change will make that work - Which I've highlighted below:

CXL ALLSYMB;DefShare=BP*0.97;Share=Pos;SShare=Share *0.5;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=SMRTL;Price=Bid-0.02;TIF=DAY+; SELL=Send;DefShare=400;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice+0 ACT:BUY STOPPRICE:AvgCost QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+;

@Justin or @KyleK29

Can I get a quick explanation of the various "ROUTE"s that are used in the hotkeys, and the importance of making sure the right "ROUTE" is selected for certain functions? I have mine set to "LIMIT", but there must be a reason you included the other routes as well. 

Thanks for your time. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andrew from Jersey said:

@Justin or @KyleK29

Can I get a quick explanation of the various "ROUTE"s that are used in the hotkeys, and the importance of making sure the right "ROUTE" is selected for certain functions? I have mine set to "LIMIT", but there must be a reason you included the other routes as well. 

Thanks for your time. 

Different brokers sometimes have specific routes you need to use. And some brokers use the generic routes.

For example, Interactive Brokers uses the SMRTL and SMRTM routes.

CMEG uses the standard LIMIT and MARKET routes.

Simulator uses LIMIT and MARKET

In DAS, for stop orders, irrelevant of your broker, you still use LIMIT or MARKET. Those are the only options to select in the montage, so they need to be routed that way.

What you need to remember is what your broker uses, and then adapt the hotkey to your setup..

• Thanks 1

really having some trouble with hotkeys.  I've been trying to find the best set up with exiting positions.  I use Kyles hot keys for entering positions currently.  Love them....but I'm not understanding how to do two things......1. Add to positions on pull backs with same stop loss.  2. establish hotkeys that work for selling and covering positions I entered with Kyles hot keys.  the other hotkeys I've found on this forum under popular hotkeys do not work with Kyles hot keys.  I'd love any guidance anyone can offer. I need a hotkeys mentor! 

Sorry if this has been covered before, but my order didn't get filled today, is it just because the price moved past my entry in the half second it takes DaS to put orders in? Could I change the hotkey to give me a bigger cushion in the future?

hotkey.thumb.PNG.1e9cc5b352a9a684432ac3c52be5f4b5.PNG

If you don’t have a mountain to climb, find one.