KyleK29

DAS - Dynamically Calculate Shares on %Risk or $Risk - Hot Key + Configuration, Updated 9/10/19, v2.1

3 hours ago, Casey Gates said:

1. What do I need to do to be able to scale out long on SSR? Do i need to add a whole new set of scale out Long SSR keys or replace the ones that I have?

2. Scaling out while short SSR? are they the same as Scaling out Short?

3. Will my "move stop to break even" be universal (LONG, SHORT, SSR SHORT, SSR LONG)? 

3. Does this all make sense? I really appreciate all of your help. Any other tips or suggestions to help me streamline the process or narrow down my hotkeys is greatly appreciated.   Let me know if you need any clarification or information. 

1. No, the hotkey I posted works for both scenarios.

2. Yes

3. Yes

4. Yes 😋 I think you’ve got it nailed tbh. With the newer scale out long being able to work for both situations, you seem to have a nice, concise set of hotkeys!

spacer.png

In testing this morning, I noticed DAS has managed to get in a significant request. To sum it up, it allows a single hotkey to cast not only a STOP order on fill (how we currently do it), but also price target orders with each order canceling / updating the position of the STOP when filled.  You might not see a beta configuration tool for this for a bit, as I have to get a wrangle on the syntax and how I plan to handle the configuration options, but it's cool enough that I felt like sharing.

If you're like me and use set Limit Orders to take profit (versus a scale-out hotkey like Andrew), this is a pretty useful addition.

Edited by KyleK29
  • Like 2

---------------------------------------------------------
Profile / Project Pages (Dynamic Hotkeys, StreamDeck Files, and other contributions are located here)

4 minutes ago, KyleK29 said:

spacer.png

In testing this morning, I noticed DAS has managed to get in a significant request. To sum it up, it allows a single hotkey to cast not only a STOP order on fill (how we currently do it), but also price target orders with each order canceling / updating the position of the STOP when filled.  You might not see a beta configuration tool for this for a bit, as I have to get a wrangle on the syntax and how I plan to handle the configuration options, but it's cool enough that I felt like sharing.

If you're like me and use set Limit Orders to take profit (versus a scale-out hotkey like Andrew), this is a pretty useful addition.

EXCITING! Can't wait to see what you come up with Kyle!

Bonus points if in addition to all that, I can have 2 laddered take-profit orders (i.e. 75% @ 2R, 25% @ 3R) and the stop gets updated after the 1st one gets hit! 😉  

6 minutes ago, KyleK29 said:

spacer.png

This is amazing news. 🥳

I might have been hammering them on a weekly basis on this for the last few months 😈

25 minutes ago, KyleK29 said:

spacer.png

WOW !!! head blown on new order processing........ Wonder how many of the list I submitted they completed.  

need to check the release notes...was tht updated ?

Greetings Dear BBT members,

I need some help with configuring my hotkey.

StopPrice=Price-0;DefShare=BP*0.97;Price=Ask-Price+0.01;SShare=50/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=SMRTL;Price= Ask+0.05;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Send;DefShare=400;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice-0.05 ACT:SELL STOPPRICE:StopPrice QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+;

This script was working fine on DAS Trader Demo but after I went live and switched to DAS Trader Pro, this is not working as expected for the stop loss order. The script is not placing the stop loss order. I had to create a second hot key for placing the stoploss order. Can someone help please.

Appreciate the help from the community.

3 hours ago, [email protected] said:

Greetings Dear BBT members,

I need some help with configuring my hotkey.

StopPrice=Price-0;DefShare=BP*0.97;Price=Ask-Price+0.01;SShare=50/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=SMRTL;Price= Ask+0.05;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Send;DefShare=400;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice-0.05 ACT:SELL STOPPRICE:StopPrice QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+;

This script was working fine on DAS Trader Demo but after I went live and switched to DAS Trader Pro, this is not working as expected for the stop loss order. The script is not placing the stop loss order. I had to create a second hot key for placing the stoploss order. Can someone help please.

Appreciate the help from the community.

What broker are you with?

For example I’m with IB, so instead of STOPTYPE=MARKET, market is called SMRTM, so try replace with STOPTYPE=SMRTM (if you are with IB).

• Like 1

Thank you so much TommyK667. Yes, I am with IB.  I updated the script with SMRTM but that also did not worrk.

StopPrice=Price-0;DefShare=BP*0.97;Price=Ask-Price+0.01;SShare=50/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=SMRTL;Price= Ask+0.05;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Send;DefShare=400;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:SMRTM PX:StopPrice-0.05 ACT:SELL STOPPRICE:StopPrice QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+;

3 hours ago, [email protected] said:

Thank you so much TommyK667. Yes, I am with IB.  I updated the script with SMRTM but that also did not worrk.

StopPrice=Price-0;DefShare=BP*0.97;Price=Ask-Price+0.01;SShare=50/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=SMRTL;Price= Ask+0.05;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Send;DefShare=400;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:SMRTM PX:StopPrice-0.05 ACT:SELL STOPPRICE:StopPrice QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+;

Hmmm the hotkey looks fine actually (and using MARKET in the stop order will work fine even on IB)...

Do you have double-click to trade on?

On 6/12/2020 at 12:27 PM, Justin said:

Hey Justin,

Yeah, it's an issue with DAS and having a Stop order open at the same time. You need to cancel the stop order and replace it. Luckily we can do that all in one hotkey:

CXL ALLSYMB;Route=LIMIT;Share=Pos*0.25;Price=Bid-0.03;TIF=DAY+;SELL=Send;ROUTE=STOP;StopType=Market;StopPrice=StopPrice;Share=Pos-share;TIF=DAY+;SELL=SEND

That will cancel the stop order, sell 25% of your shares, and replace the stop order in the same position with the new share count.

If you want to move your stop to breakeven you would use:

CXL ALLSYMB;Route=LIMIT;Share=Pos*0.25;Price=Bid-0.05;TIF=DAY+;SELL=Send;ROUTE=STOP;StopType=Market;StopPrice=AvgCost;Share=Pos-share;TIF=DAY+;SELL=SEND

@Justin What would the same concept hotkey be for the short side? 

Cover 25% - Leave stop where it is:

CXL ALLSYMB;Route=LIMIT;Share=Pos*0.25;Price=Ask+0.05;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Send;ROUTE=STOP;StopType=Market;StopPrice=StopPrice;Share=Pos+share;TIF=DAY+;BUY=SEND

Cover 25% - Set stop to breakeven:

CXL ALLSYMB;Route=LIMIT;Share=Pos*0.25;Price=Ask+0.05;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Send;ROUTE=STOP;StopType=Market;StopPrice=AvgCost;Share=Pos+share;TIF=DAY+;BUY=SEND

Hi @Justin and @KyleK29.

I've been using these hotkeys religiously and simply put - they are an edge.  I have one long and one short hotkey that I use to get me into every single trade.  As you would expect, I click the chart price where I want my stop, and hotkey in.  The long and short hotkeys hit me in for 0.33% risk on my account.  So the idea is that I hit in to a total 3 times while confirmation transpires which will put me to a maximum risk of ~1.0%. 

Both the long and short keys begin with 'CXLALLSYMB;' to cancel the first stop (that went live upon the first entry fill)and to put out a new stop with the updated size because POS now equals entry1size+entry2size and not only entry1size. 

My first question is - is it possible to have the first entry stay live once the first add (second entry) is put on and therefore the second entry also has its own stop?  I just can't imagine how it would calculate the POS size since we naturally populate that field with the position entirety ('POS'). 

Once I'm in the trade, I have another range hotkey (thanks Kyle once again) that I use to set a 6:1.  This hotkey will begin with the ';CXLALLSYMB;' so that it cancels the first stop that was used when I was 'tiering in.'  Would it be possible to have the original tier entry hotkey that I use to enter the trade also include this target and ultimately become a range order?  And if so, can the second entry (the first add) also have an independent target and stop (like in my first question)?

TYSM!!!

7 hours ago, forkey said:

My first question is - is it possible to have the first entry stay live once the first add (second entry) is put on and therefore the second entry also has its own stop?  I just can't imagine how it would calculate the POS size since we naturally populate that field with the position entirety ('POS'). 

Wouldn't both stops be in the same spot though? Or are you clicking in a new spot on the chart for each additional entry?

7 hours ago, forkey said:

Would it be possible to have the original tier entry hotkey that I use to enter the trade also include this target and ultimately become a range order? 

Just to clarify you want to adapt Kyle's hotkey so that it executes a range order? As in it enters a trade, places a stop, and a target at 6:1?

52 minutes ago, Justin said:

Wouldn't both stops be in the same spot though? Or are you clicking in a new spot on the chart for each additional entry?

I am currently clicking the chart for each additional entry and sometimes I want to manage the adds completely independently from the first entry.  In a perfect world, each entry will have its own stop loss (and ideally its own target too with a 6:1 range - my second question) and can be therefore independently managed. 

56 minutes ago, Justin said:

Just to clarify you want to adapt Kyle's hotkey so that it executes a range order? As in it enters a trade, places a stop, and a target at 6:1?

Correct.

Here is the current long entry with a 0.35% risk (i hit this up to 5 times maximum depending on the setup and how tight I can get). 

;CXL ALLSYMB;StopPrice=Price-0;DefShare=BP*1;Share=DefShare*0.3*Price*0.0035;Price=Ask-Price+0;SShare=Share/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=ARCAL;Price=Bid;TIF=DAY+; Account=ABC123;BUY=Send;DefShare=100;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice-0 ACT:SELL STOPPRICE:StopPrice QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+;

So the above includes the stop but not the target.  Once I get in the trade and it starts working, I will put out a 4:1 range with a stop using this:

;CXL ALLSYMB;ROUTE=STOP;StopType=Range;LowPrice=Price;HighPrice=AvgCost-Price*5+AvgCost;Share=Pos;TIF=DAY+;SELL=Send

Is it possible to simply conjoin the first hotkey's entry+stop and the second hotkey's target as a single hotkey?

Is it possible to tier in with my the first hotkey and then when clicking it again (after clicking chart to indicate the next entry's stop) I am in with tier2 and it has its own stop (and target? - ideally).?

Thanks so much @Justin