KyleK29

DAS - Dynamically Calculate Shares on %Risk or $Risk - Hot Key + Configuration, Updated 9/10/19, v2.1

8 minutes ago, angelzen said:

Hi Everyone!  

I'm not sure if this has been asked (or requested already).  I've tried searching but have come up empty.  I am using this hotkey successfully and love it!  Currently only taking on $30 risk per trade.  It would be great if I could modify it to automatically enter a range order (with the stop at the $30 risk level) with a target set at a 2 to 1 or 3 to 1 target.  Has anyone tried this and have an example?  

Regards,

Angel

you can check this list that Aiman made, there are hotkeys you're looking for. 

On 2/5/2020 at 2:32 PM, angelzen said:

Hi Everyone!  

I'm not sure if this has been asked (or requested already).  I've tried searching but have come up empty.  I am using this hotkey successfully and love it!  Currently only taking on $30 risk per trade.  It would be great if I could modify it to automatically enter a range order (with the stop at the $30 risk level) with a target set at a 2 to 1 or 3 to 1 target.  Has anyone tried this and have an example?  

Regards,

Angel

This is in Kyle's hotkey Excel sheet. It's near the bottom. Look for Range Orders.

On 12/28/2019 at 12:21 PM, Jinagt said:

Kyle Thank You so much for this amazing hotkeys you created for the community. It improved my trading a lot.

I have a question is there any way you can add one more criteria to the existing hotkeys  that will allow you to buy or sell maximum 1000 shares with your buying power.

There's a built-in less known about hotkey for that called ShareCap. You could try to add it as ShareCap=1000;   at the beginning of your hotkey. Test in sim though, as I haven't tested it.

On 12/25/2019 at 1:08 PM, Marek Liyanage said:

Hi Kyle,

I love your scripts and started using them a few days ago  in SIM and expect to use them in my hot account some time soon. Great stuff!

Would it be possible to place limit orders at a user defined level using any other price entry fields to define a risk level?

I looked a little bit into this with the help of my son who has a little programming/scripting knowledge....since there's 2 price variables we need to define (risk, entry levels) to perform the calculations out idea was to store price in an intermediary field using a master hot key (e.g. risk level) and then using a second double-click for the entry price which would be used to perform the limit order at a user defined entry level. The problem he had with this was that while he could use the Share field as an intermediary it's not really practical because of the lack of INTEGER to FLOAT convertibility when moving that number back to the price field.

Not sure whether this makes sense....but that was the best we could come up with...maybe Kyle or someone else versed in scripting has some idea to get around this issue or has an independent way of defining such an order.

Thanks

Marek

It's very limited because of the user-accessible memory areas. In the Excel Configuration there's a couple that will put 1:1, 2:1, and 3:1 (etc.) price targets. DAS has indicated that they're willing to make changes to allow to us to do more of this natively. I'll add your request to the list I have going for their devs.

There's a few other methods you can do to get values in and out of DAS, but they're really complex and I would not recommend anyone using them. One way is to use a secondary program (you write it) and the OS's native clipboard (to pass data back/fourth). The other way is to search and replace the bytes in active RAM.

On 12/26/2019 at 9:09 PM, Jramosent said:

Kyle - I have a question regarding this hotkey. I have been using the script for a few months now and it works perfect. The concern I have is when I let the stock go to my stop loss (risk) $20, this is the exact amount I lose. The question is when I get my 2-1, I don't get a true $20 or even $40 reward. Why is this? I have let the stock run sometimes upwards of .40 cents where my risk is say only .12. I still don't get my actual risk to reward. 

On 12/27/2019 at 6:53 PM, Jramosent said:

In this example here I shorted the stock in which I had a .16 cent win with a stop of .07 cents. A little more than 2 to 1 correct? I ended up making $13.60, Although my risk is always $20.... Maybe I'm doing something wrong here?

AMD Log.png

On 12/28/2019 at 5:15 PM, Brendon said:

Hmm well if you shorted 85 shares, with a stop of 7 cents away, that's $5.95 risk, not $20. You may have the script set to $20 but as Peter pointed out you may be limited to your buying power...And to risk $20 with a 7 cent stop you would have needed to short ~285 shares of AMD (at that share price).

Hopefully this helps!

Are you with IBCO and was this during a LIVE trade? I believe IBCO on the short side does 3:1 margin, not 4:1. So if you use the 4:1 margin hotkeys with them when short (and live), it'll calculate your Buying Power incorrectly.

As Brandon said, this is usually caused by Buying Power. His math is correct, you weren't able to take the full $20 risk on this and ended up with a much lesser risk, but still ~2:1 return. My guess is the problem exists in the first part of the hotkey config where it does the BP/equity calculations.

If you didn't generate your own hotkeys via the Excel Configuration sheet, I highly recommend you do that. The ones people copy and paste aren't setup for everyone, they're specific to the person who created them (and their account variables, such as their margin-ratio which can different from broker to broker). I'd say 90% of the math issues come from this fact.

Edited by KyleK29

---------------------------------------------------------
Profile / Project Pages (Dynamic Hotkeys, StreamDeck Files, and other contributions are located here)

Kyle, 

The work you have put in Amazing. Thank you! 

I am having trouble with the setup. Wan't to make a quick hundred bucks via PayPal? If you'd be interested I would love to watch you set this up in my DAS while using TeamViewer. 

It would be helpful to me as I could get the hotkeys right away and learn how to set them up and modify them by watching you ad them to my trade station.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Atomspapa said:

Kyle, 

The work you have put in Amazing. Thank you! 

I am having trouble with the setup. Wan't to make a quick hundred bucks via PayPal? If you'd be interested I would love to watch you set this up in my DAS while using TeamViewer. 

It would be helpful to me as I could get the hotkeys right away and learn how to set them up and modify them by watching you ad them to my trade station.

try watching this one, might help 

also videos from Kyle himself in more detail 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just read this entire thread preparing for the HotKeyKyle Success Webinar.

Cant wait to try these next week. They look amazing.

If you don’t have a mountain to climb, find one.

I’m sure if I searched I could find the answer somewhere in this forum, but my eyes are tired. 
I can make a separate HotKeys  file for these new ones and still keep my regular HotKeys in a different file right?

So I could use my normal file live, and Kyle file in sim. I just have to save my old ones somewhere before I delete them and replace with Kyles. Correct?

If you don’t have a mountain to climb, find one.

Do you have a script that will work with the 1besttrader competition? They have a restriction of 100,000 bp to start and you can't have more than 50,000 in any one stock.

Thanks Kyle for all the work you put into this.

Is there a way to create a script that throws on a dollar amount stop loss, say $100, onto any open positions?

Thanks in advance 

37 minutes ago, Atomspapa said:

Thanks Kyle for all the work you put into this.

Is there a way to create a script that throws on a dollar amount stop loss, say $100, onto any open positions?

Thanks in advance 

I use Kyle's keys to put a $ stop loss on a position before I enter it, you shouldnt put a stop on an already open position, too easy to have imaginary stop loss 😄 

@KyleK29 Thank you for this man! I am wondering if you could point me in the right direction for changing the stop limits to trailing stop. I'd like to see how the trailing stop strategy works for me. Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks Kyle. 

Hey Kyle and community,

SOOOOO. I have installed the scripts for your hotkeys and the With BP at 97% of equity with a stop of $150. It is calculating 6 shares and on long buy button (hotkey) iand the short is triggering buys at like 3 shares. One time it did calculates the position correctly at 1666 shares of AMD but that seemed to be a fluke.  I copied and pasted both scripts so I am not sure where the error is. Can somebody give a looksee and tell me what I am missing? 

20200307_141932.thumb.png.91eb69412ea2e56acdd467cc1cd00704.png20200306_212312.thumb.png.71b938a61d2a1f339a1498a7d0c6a883.pngHere is the long:

DefShare=BP*0.97;Price=Ask-Price+0.01;SShare=150/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=LIMIT;Price= Ask+0.05;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Send;DefShare=400;

Here is the short:

DefShare=BP*0.97;Price=Price-Bid+0.01;SShare=150/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=LIMIT;Price=Bid-0.05;TIF=DAY+;SELL=Send;DefShare=400;

Also can I add some code to ensure this executes on my live rather than my demo account? 

Shannon

Edited by Atomspapa
needed pic

On 12/25/2019 at 4:08 PM, Marek Liyanage said:

Hi Kyle,

I love your scripts and started using them a few days ago  in SIM and expect to use them in my hot account some time soon. Great stuff!

Would it be possible to place limit orders at a user defined level using any other price entry fields to define a risk level?

I looked a little bit into this with the help of my son who has a little programming/scripting knowledge....since there's 2 price variables we need to define (risk, entry levels) to perform the calculations out idea was to store price in an intermediary field using a master hot key (e.g. risk level) and then using a second double-click for the entry price which would be used to perform the limit order at a user defined entry level. The problem he had with this was that while he could use the Share field as an intermediary it's not really practical because of the lack of INTEGER to FLOAT convertibility when moving that number back to the price field.

Not sure whether this makes sense....but that was the best we could come up with...maybe Kyle or someone else versed in scripting has some idea to get around this issue or has an independent way of defining such an order.

Thanks

Marek

Hi Marek and Kyle,

Have you found a solution to this?  Because this is exactly what I'd like to be able to do too.

I'm using Kyle's hotkey script to buy a number of shares at market calculated on risk defined in the script and stop defined by double-click on the chart.

Now if there was a way to place a limit order by using an additional double-click in this process, anywhere, or split the process in 2 hotkeys to make it work, that would be just perfect.

Thanks!

Guys the hotkeys are working flawless for me, but I got a silly question when Im using the scaling in and out hotkeys do I need to cancel the the stop lost in order for them to take? I cant get the scale out hotkey specifically to work  properly.