KyleK29

DAS - Dynamically Calculate Shares on %Risk or $Risk - Hot Key + Configuration, Updated 9/10/19, v2.1

2 hours ago, Konstantin M said:

Hi, have a question regarding Stop Price update hotkey. 

The below hotkey replaces the stop order from Market to Limit and I dont know whats the reason. For example I go long with automatic Market stop, but when I want to update the price with a hotkey the new order is Limit.

CXL ALLSYMB;Route=Stop;StopType=MARKET;Share=Pos;StopPrice=Price;TIF=DAY+;Price=StopPrice-0;SELL=Send;

Annotation 2019-09-09 231101.png

Annotation 2019-09-09 231031.png

I confirmed this issue with the newer versions of DAS and I think it's the order of operations causing it to default to limit. In one of the DAS versions the stops started defaulting to Stop Limits in certain scenarios. Try these, if they work I'll put up a new update with the fix:

CXL ALLSYMB;Route=Stop;Share=Pos;StopPrice=Price;TIF=DAY+;Price=StopPrice-0;StopType=MARKET;SELL=Send;

18 hours ago, Bo Trailblazor said:

Kyle-

Thanks for hard work on this!!!...I messaged you, but just in case this reaches you better:

Trying to sim and test a few things out with your hot keys but keep getting MASSIVE share sizes that come out to over million dollar positions (maybe one day!, but for now...uh oh)

For example a $50 risk with following settings:

Account Leverage    4
Equity    $30,000.00
Max Account %Risk    0.50%

Total Buying Power    $120,000.00
Percent Equity to Total BP    25.00%
% of Total Buying Power    97.00%
New Total Buying Power    $116,400.00

Send / Load    Load
Route    LIMIT
Order Bid/Ask Offset    $0.05
Time in Force    DAY+
Default Shares    100

Minimum Stop Buffer    0.01

Send a Stop Trigger Order?    FALSE

Script per your excel is: DefShare=BP*0.97;Price=Ask-Price+0.01;SShare=50/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=LIMIT;Price= Ask+0.05;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Load;DefShare=100;

I have played around with this and cannot get it to work how I thought it would. I have tried placing the stop far away and close as well. 

Any thoughts?

Best,

Bo

Hi Bo,

I tested your hotkeys in my version of DAS and they worked as expected. Even tried a few common mistakes to no avail. It seems like a calculation is failing somewhere. Can you post your DAS version and also go into Setup > Other Configuration and check "Debug Message". Try the hotkey out and then send me the latest file in the your DAS folder /LOG/ via PM? It'll help me see what it is doing.

---------------------------------------------------------
Profile / Project Pages (Dynamic Hotkeys, StreamDeck Files, and other contributions are located here)

Hi Kyle, 

Yes that fix worked fine, now the updated stop shows as SM. 

I have another issue though with the below hotkey. It is the one to scale in 10$ risk. When I try to scale in I get filled twice.. screenshots attached. 

;CXL ALLSYMB;DefShare=BP*0.98;Price=StopPrice-Bid-0.02;SShare=10/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=LIMIT;Price=bid-0.03;TIF=DAY+; SELL=Send;DefShare=400;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice-0.3 ACT:SELL STOPPRICE:StopPrice QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+;

Annotation 2019-09-10 231022.png

Annotation 2019-09-10 230928.png

On 8/27/2019 at 10:57 AM, Alastair Mowatt said:

2) Ok I understand ur position......an opportunity exist here for all to benefit legally. I will bounce ideas off DAS and get back to you and Andrew on actual opportunity.

Did you know DAS has a new ORDER TYPE which allows true trading and dragging orders on the chart  ? Its in BETA and be tested from this link

http://www.dastrader.com/download/fixes/DEMO.5.4.5.3.exe

Its under Chart Window hotkeys.   This will allow exact profit target adjustments/dragging with RANGE orders etc. Take it for a spin, maybe u can update ur XL spread sheet when they release it officially.

AM

Been playing with this some, since you asked for feedback (I assume you have a developers ear on this), I'll post my suggestions here. I really like it, a few solid enhancements I think would be:

Functionality:
1) Double-clicking a flag should send that OrderID to the chart's connected Montage for easy replacement. This would make it very fluid with modifying the orders in a streamlined workflow. Right now double-clicking it just loads the clicked price to the montage (if double-click-to-trade is turned on).
2) Maybe Shift+Click could update the order's position size to your current position?

Aesthetically:
1) Ability to adjust the font size on the flags, they can get quite big otherwise.
2) Color change --> Right now, short positions are blue and long positions are red. Be nice to have different colors for if it's a STOP order or a standard order. See attached screenshot for example.

DAS_ChartColors_Example.png

Profile / Project Pages (Dynamic Hotkeys, StreamDeck Files, and other contributions are located here)

1 hour ago, Konstantin M said:

Hi Kyle, 

Yes that fix worked fine, now the updated stop shows as SM. 

I have another issue though with the below hotkey. It is the one to scale in 10$ risk. When I try to scale in I get filled twice.. screenshots attached. 

;CXL ALLSYMB;DefShare=BP*0.98;Price=StopPrice-Bid-0.02;SShare=10/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=LIMIT;Price=bid-0.03;TIF=DAY+; SELL=Send;DefShare=400;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice-0.3 ACT:SELL STOPPRICE:StopPrice QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+;

Seems to be a bug in the Excel sheet, it's not flipping the Trigger portion. Give me a few minutes.

*EDIT*

New version in OP. Please regenerate those hotkeys using this version and see if they work for you properly now. 

Edited by KyleK29

Hi,

This is a great hotkey script. Thank you so much Kyle. Anybody know what modifications to the script posted under the YouTube vid by A-Dog we need to make to get this to work with CMEG's LAMP route? I'm assuming I would change SMRTL to LIMIT as the route and DAY+ to DAY. Thanks for any help.

Hey Kyle, is there any way to incorporate "SwitchTWnd;" in the script so that it automatically highlights the montage window when pushing the hotkey?  I just hate it when I miss an entry because my montage window wasnt selected.  I tried adding it to the front of the script like so:

SwitchTWnd;StopPrice=Price-0;DefShare=BP*0.925;Price=Ask-Price+0.00;SShare=20/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=SMRTL;Price= Ask+0.05;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Send;DefShare=200;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice-0.05 ACT:SELL STOPPRICE:StopPrice QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+;

But it gives an error when using the hotkey.  Maybe the "SwitchTWnd;" command needs to be inserted at a specific place in the script for it to work but I wouldn't know where exactly.  Any idea?

Hi Kyle,

Just wanted to let you know that in both v2.0 and v2.1 (only versions I've tried) selecting SSR in the drop down box under the DOLLAR RISK section on the Hot Keys tab doesn't update the formula. Selecting SSR for all the other sections in the tab works fine, just the DOLLAR RISK section is not working properly.

Hey guys ! Im sorry to jump in on this thread and post something that might be relevant. I am having an issue with my hotkeys. When im in a position long for example, i want to click a hotkey which will take a partial for me of 25% for example and automatically move my stop to my break even price. I will post what i have so far. It is not working but im wondering if anyone can see why. Thanks so much guys !

CXL ALLSYMB;ROUTE=LIMIT;Price=BID -0.05;Price=Round2;Share=Pos*.25;TIF=DAY+;SELL=Send;ROUTE=STOP;StopType=Market;StopPrice=AvgCost;Share=Pos-share;TIF=GTC;SELL=SEND

Again, im looking for this hotkey to take a 25% partial, cancel my original stop and move my stop to BE on my remaining shares. Much appreciated !!

Hi David,

I'm currently using this for my hotkey to accomplish what you describe:

TMP;CXL ALLSYMB;ROUTE=SMRTL;Share=Pos*0.25;Price=Bid-0.10;TIF=DAY+;SELL=Send;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:AvgCost-0.10 ACT:SELL STOPPRICE:AvgCost2 QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+;

• Like 1

Shaun !!!!

This absolutely worked ! Thank you so much ! Ive literally been pulling my hair out all day. This is working flawless. Thank you so much for you response. Much appreciated ! Have a great weekend.

Shaun, 

Im trying to make sure i have the code right for covering my shorts now....I can adjust the position size...would you be able to send an example of cover 25% and move your stop to even on the remaining ? 

Thank you a ton.

I figured out the code for the covers....next step for me is. If i have a long position and its moved 1R....i havent taken a partial yet but i just want to hotkey my stop to my average price for my full position. If you or anyone else has this hotkey it would be much appreciated. Thank you again. 

• Like 1

Have you downloaded the excel sheet Kyle created for hotkeys, its on the first page of this topic (

There are many different options for updating your stop at the bottom of the HotKey sheet in the workbook. Set it to break even on a long or short or bidirectional if you are happy with market order, or update it to the place you click on the chart (or same if you enter the price manually on the montage).

Hi Kyle,

First of all thank you for your work and sharing these hotkeys!

I have been using them fine in DEMO version, but since I upgraded to the Pro version (I'm going live finally, linking with IB, but the link doesn't begin until tomorrow), the hotkeys don't work anymore.

I have tried both the script William posted in the youtube tutorial:

StopPrice=Price-0;DefShare=BP*0.925;Price=Ask-Price+0.00;SShare=20/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=SMRTL;Price= Ask+0.05;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Send;DefShare=200;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice-0.05 ACT:SELL STOPPRICE:StopPrice QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+;

and also one generated from your excel file:

StopPrice=Price-0.03;DefShare=BP*0.97;Share=DefShare*0.25*Price*0.007;Price=Ask-Price+0.01;SShare=Share/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=LIMIT;Price= Ask+0.05;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Send;DefShare=50;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice-0.3 ACT:SELL STOPPRICE:StopPrice QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+;

but they both don't do anything, except setting it back to the default share and changing the price and trigger price.

When I checked the messages in the montage, I see this (this is using the youtube version script):

This is an example of long AMD with stop $28.

amd.png

I am not sure what went wrong from the DEMO to Pro version of the app...and I don't understand how they have became negatives.

I have also tried using the spreadsheet script but shares also appear in negatives in the messages.

Any help would be much appreciated! Thank you.

I am using the training/simulator account on Pro with these.

Edited by TommyK667