Robert H

How to Prevent Chart from Zooming out When Switching Symbols

Here is a tip that was shared by Andrew in the chat. I forgot who e-mailed it to him, but all credit goes to that person.

DAS has a tendency to zoom out the Chart when you switch symbols in Market Viewer (watch list). Somebody posted a related question over on this post.

To prevent this, do the following:

Right click the chart area

Click Configure

In the Margins settings on the right hand side, uncheck Fixed Margin

Fixed Margin

• Like 1

Hi everyone,

is there a way zooming in and out a chart on the price axis? Like in TOS, or Ninja Trader I can point with my mouse cursor on the Y axis and by pressing and holding the left mouse key I can easily zoom in, or out. Especially right at the open I find it very difficult to watch the candles scaled in a lot to gain the right perspective.

Thanks in advance

Mario

On 1/26/2020 at 8:18 AM, Mario J said:

Hi everyone,

is there a way zooming in and out a chart on the price axis? Like in TOS, or Ninja Trader I can point with my mouse cursor on the Y axis and by pressing and holding the left mouse key I can easily zoom in, or out. Especially right at the open I find it very difficult to watch the candles scaled in a lot to gain the right perspective.

Thanks in advance

Mario

You can use the hotkey developed by Kyle from this post, it has the Y axis zoom hotkey code in the spreadsheet. He also has a video on it somewhere.