Jose

Has anyone used Stream Deck or something similar?

Hi Everyone,

I'd like to know if anyone has used "Stream Deck" or anything else to manage its hotkeys. I'd rather press a button instead of memorizing all my hotkeys.

Thank you

Jose

Untitled.png

Jose,  ever consider labeling your keyboard? I've made a set of labels that cover 4 hotkeys for each 'F-Function key' and many other small glued on labels to many keys. I'm sure I have over 75 hotkeys,   not all but most are labeled. ...  

HotKeys2.jpg

Edited by JohnG

On 8/21/2018 at 2:03 PM, Jose said:

Hi Everyone,

I'd like to know if anyone has used "Stream Deck" or anything else to manage its hotkeys. I'd rather press a button instead of memorizing all my hotkeys.

Thank you

Jose

Untitled.png

Jose,

Yes, I've read articles about traders using the Elgato Stream Deck for their hotkeys. You can also use the larger XL Elgato w/ 32 keys. I think the idea is great and intend on buying an XL very soon. For the minor learning curve in how to use the XL, I think it'd be worth it. No more hotkey mistakes! And faster execution b/c I won't have to memorize my current set (about 40+ hotkeys). It should be a big help to my trading.

William L

2 hours ago, wklodge said:

Jose,

Yes, I've read articles about traders using the Elgato Stream Deck for their hotkeys. You can also use the larger XL Elgato w/ 32 keys. I think the idea is great and intend on buying an XL very soon. For the minor learning curve in how to use the XL, I think it'd be worth it. No more hotkey mistakes! And faster execution b/c I won't have to memorize my current set (about 40+ hotkeys). It should be a big help to my trading.

William L

I have the 32 and love it. I am still figuring out the combination of keys i want to use. But as you said, saves memorizing the keyboard hot key commands.  

I bought the XL version a month ago and I love it!

At the beginning I thought I was cheating, I mean trading without learning difficult hotkeys on my keyboard but really,  what is the point if you can send an order by pressing a single button?!!

I chose the 32 keys version because I like ALL my hotkeys on a single display without having to switch LONG/SHORT profiles, in case I am trading more than a stock at the same time.

Great device!

Stream Deck XL.jpg

30 minutes ago, Pit-Man said:

I bought the XL version a month ago and I love it!

At the beginning I thought I was cheating, I mean trading without learning difficult hotkeys on my keyboard but really,  what is the point if you can send an order by pressing a single button?!!

I chose the 32 keys version because I like ALL my hotkeys on a single display without having to switch LONG/SHORT profiles, in case I am trading more than a stock at the same time.

Great device!

Stream Deck XL.jpg

That looks NICE!

Does it come preloaded with the scripts or do you have to enter all of it?

If you don’t have a mountain to climb, find one.

5 hours ago, hailchaser2 said:

That looks NICE!

Does it come preloaded with the scripts or do you have to enter all of it?

As Pit-Man says, you have to configure the stream deck - all that really means is you enter your scripts in DAS as usual with the hotkey associated, then insert the same hotkey into the stream deck button you want to use for that action.  It is super simple.  You can make your own button pictures and everything - Pit-Man's got a picture of himself I see.

There's a handy thread already on the forum - a few people have already done great work designing and building buttons (Kyle29 etc): Check it out through the link below.

I use the medium stream deck and have configured 4 menus.  Top menu to launch software and websites, a Long menu, a Short menu and a chart menu.

• Like 1

I use the Genovation, and although it took some configuration and getting used to using it, I really like it so far.

IMG_1531.JPG

I am using a streamdeck XL. Thanks to Kyle for the ICONS and DAS scripts. I can now focus on process, trading well and less calculating. I am testing in SIM, and I may need to separate the LONG MENU and SHORT MENU to different profiles.  

20200221_085239.jpg

• Like 2

I purchased a Stream Deck recently and I added hotkeys.  My issue is the hotkeys will work perfectly from the montage but they will not always work from the Stream Deck, sometimes they do , the same scripts,which is weird to me.  I think there may be a delay with my Stream Deck.  Does anyone else have this issue?  How would I fix it?