Dhat

IB Trader Workstation Day Trading Setup

Hi guys,

Thanks a lot @peterBย for proposing to share.

ย 

๐Ÿ™ Please keep sharing on this thread (not by private mails please), I'm also interesting in the topic ๐Ÿ˜‰.

Hey guys. I am trying to find out, if its possible to realize a "Equalized Risk Per Trade" Button / Hotkey in the TWS?
That would be so amazing!

Thanks in advance

the best approach to achieve that is tu use a given amount (not the numbers of shares) to open a position and use a % for the stoploss .... that is the only way that I managed to achieve that .... ex : set preset > amount to 5.000USD positions (TWS will calc how many shares it will buy or sell) and then set a 1% stoploss for 50USD risk

this have a huge bug ! if the amount you use cannot be bought or sold short for 100 sh or more .... TWS will do 100 share lot !! for example setting up 1.000usd with a bigger stock (said TSLA) you wont get a nice result .... instead of around 30 shares, you will end up getting 100 shares (around 3000 usd) .... contacted TWS support and they have NO solition nor idea how to resolve that bug

check this link for more information about my TWS setup (dark and white themes) + hotkeys :

https://forums.bearbulltraders.com/topic/1144-interactive-broker-tws-setups-and-hotkeys/

• Like 1

Yes it will show right away in TWS or the mobile app. But if you trade in TWS it will mess up everything in DAS in regard to your positions and PNL, until the next day. Just FYI on that ๐Ÿ™‚

ย 

Jason

23 minutes ago, RTrader said:

Yes it will show right away in TWS or the mobile app. But if you trade in TWS it will mess up everything in DAS in regard to your positions and PNL, until the next day. Just FYI on that ๐Ÿ™‚

ย 

Jason

Thx