Robert H

Bearish Engulfing Crack Strategy

Check out the video in Members Area > Premium Resources: https://www.bearbulltraders.com/advanced-lesson-bearish-engulfing-crack-strategy/

Saw the setup twice today. Once on $BABA (semi-successful back to VWAP but just too choppy), and $MU (failed). 

I believe one factor that gives the move such downward momentum is that stops are being taken out on the 5-min chart (close of prior white candle), and 1-minute chart (loss of the 9 EMA).

I was actually on the opposite end of a Bearish Engulfing Crack once. Went long $BSX on an Opening Range Breakup and was stopped out during the flush.

image.png.35168107ee5c98b5465fa2bd108b569a.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Abiel said:

A failed Bearish Engulfing Crack... the price never broke the previous candlestick range and with VWAP, YY level & MAs below was going to be difficult to crack... 

2018-07-07_1305

I actually was waiting for a bearish ingulfing crack there, but I told my self that I better enter after it breaks the VWAP for a better entry, once it failed it at 9:45-10:00 especially that hammer candle I just went long and it was a good long!

Took $TWTR on Bearish Engulfing Crack but was stopped out on first try. Went back in for second attempt and rode momentum to low of the day (LOD).

image.png.1bd8b54e4a4df6f266bc34f087bec8ea.png

• Like 1

Here's one from yesterday that failed to crack below the MA's. I managed to get out near break-even for a mere 0.05/share loss.

image.png.c5b1037a984483de85701ff4dbb2f5ae.png

• Like 1

$IBM failed Bearish Engulfing Crack. Stopped out on first attempt. Caught the continuation crack toward LOD.

image.png.994ef9f87588e4731989745375e25d5d.png

I couldn't get filled on $EBAY due to SSR. Tried 3 times during the engulfing candle and subsequent one to no avail. Gave up after it dropped below 34.7. It went to the low of the day!

image.png.26b7038cdc77698b21a7f69e45864659.png

$UAA had a decent drop after the Engulfing Candle.

image.png.502d9278607b9b5324ec2794c6b04e36.png

Same with $TAL before it reversed back to VWAP.

image.png.976becfb28aed0e583c2aa186250b209.png

Came here to post the $TAL trade as well. Was a good one! Right at the VWAP too for a super small risk.

Sketch.png

Great example on $MU this morning. Many people in the room caught the move to LOD and beyond.

image.png.b754d182dd8b31fcb51849ed041a772a.png