Sign in to follow this  
Stuart

The "Sour Hours Trader"

So I have been limited to trading the hours of 2-4 pm EST in the first month of sim. I call them the "Sour Hours" based on the looks on Brian P's , and Andrew Aziz's faces when posed the question on strategies for these hours in the mentor-ship forum. lol

I had a couple of green days this week, and on Friday I used a simple strategy of looking at the overall trend of the stock from the open, and going with that direction. It worked 2 of 3 trades that day, and I wondered if this thought process seemed valid. I traded stocks from Andrew's watch list in this way, and put a range stop on them so I could step away and not stare at it. I took profit too early, and could have been more patient with my winners, but I was good at being impatient with my losers. I don't know if anyone else in the BBT chat is in a similar situation with trading hours, but if you are, come join me as a "Sour Hour Trader"!

Thanks to all of you at BBT!,

Stuart K

4 hours ago, Stuart said:

So I have been limited to trading the hours of 2-4 pm EST in the first month of sim. I call them the "Sour Hours" based on the looks on Brian P's , and Andrew Aziz's faces when posed the question on strategies for these hours in the mentor-ship forum. lol

I had a couple of green days this week, and on Friday I used a simple strategy of looking at the overall trend of the stock from the open, and going with that direction. It worked 2 of 3 trades that day, and I wondered if this thought process seemed valid. I traded stocks from Andrew's watch list in this way, and put a range stop on them so I could step away and not stare at it. I took profit too early, and could have been more patient with my winners, but I was good at being impatient with my losers. I don't know if anyone else in the BBT chat is in a similar situation with trading hours, but if you are, come join me as a "Sour Hour Trader"!

Thanks to all of you at BBT!,

Stuart K

Hi Stuart! I actually noticed the same thing, and I tried to trade that way a few times and it actually works nicely! I was just doing something a bit different, when stock is trending between 1:30 and 3:00 I was buying close to the 9 or 20 ema on 1 min chart or close to the 9 ema on 5 min chart and scale out, and buy again close to the moving averages,  sometimes when I was not in mood I was waiting for the stock to go close to the moving average then go with the trend + spend time reading the chatroom) I'd say I'm a bit cautious about the last hour of the market since it's also volatile, I believe traders come to cover, or sell, or maybe buy more to hold overnight, so the trend usually breaks out after 3 xD I'm trying not to follow this strategy after 3:00 pm. 

It's good to know you're practicing this :DD Let us know how it's going with you! 

Aiman,

Thanks for the reply! Yes it's different than the mornings for sure! I will be training the mornings when I can get time off from work. I will be careful at the last hour!

Thanks again,

Stuart

6 hours ago, Stuart said:

Aiman,

Thanks for the reply! Yes it's different than the mornings for sure! I will be training the mornings when I can get time off from work. I will be careful at the last hour!

Thanks again,

Stuart

Wish you best of luck!! 😄

• Thanks 1

I have noticed that late day trends on active stocks tend to continue, albeit slowly. I think it's a valid late day strategy for sure!

• Thanks 1