Sign in to follow this  
TJ

Pre-Market Routine

I am curious if anyone can share their pre-market routine. Do you have a website you visit to get a feel of the market, build a potential long/short list before Andrew's, go for a run or have a good breakfast/lunch/dinner (depending on where you are in the world?

At this point, I am trying to get a routine going as I just started paper trading this week and curious about your ideas.

I wake up 2 hours and 30 minutes before market open. I make sure to eat and take a coffee. The next two hours are about getting to a point were I feel really awake and alert so I do a light workout, I do chores and I read the news. The last half hour is spent making my watchlist with Andrew and going over what I need to work on. If I don't feel woken up yet I just drink a ton of coffee. So that's it! Hope this helps you in your journey.

I wake up about 6am EST, I have a pre-workout and hit the gym at 6:30am. I usually get about 45 to an hour workout depending what I am doing. I hit the sauna for about 15 mines after my workout to relax. I leave the gym around 8am by then I am all ready and fully awake. I have a shake for breakfast and get to my station around 8:20. First thing I do when I get to my station, before I even look at any stocks or scanners, is read the previous trading day Journal recap. Especially the notes where I highlight what I did well and what improvements are needed. After that I start my journal intro for the day explaining how I feel mentally and physically. At 8:45 usually I start building my watch list off Trade Ideas and the top gainers. Say hello to the chatroom folks and compare my watch list to Andrew's watch list when he come on.

Carlos M.