bartpuszko

Bart's trading journal - free download now available

Hi guys,

The journal - Total Trader, is now available for free download on my blog http://daytradearcade.com 

There are 5 short instructional vidoes to help you get the most out of it. I'd be grateful for all feedback (both good and bad!)

Also, if you like Total Trader, I'd be grateful for a donation as I spent about 200 hours building it + $200 for a programmer to build the macros.

Let me know what you think!

The direct link to the download is: 

http://daytradearcade.com/trading-journal2/

Let me know your feedback (both good and bad!).

• Like 4

Bart, 

This is really neat! I just saw the introduction video on YouTube and the way the data is organized and automated is really nice!

I have SpeedTrader and anyone that has this broker knows they do not provide these types of metrics at all. Could be the reason why they are able to keep commissions so low... 

Excellent stuff man!!

Carlos

Edited by Carlos M.

Thank you for this journal! It's very neat and organized! I might need some work figuring everything out, but it's really perfect! 

Let me know if you need any help - the videos should help explain a lot of the things, but feel free to ask about anything.

Bart, 

Every time I load in the raw data and I click analyze data, I get an error message "Error Occured, all data deleted". Also, it doesn't allow me to change the date in the text box. Any ideas? I downloaded your spreadsheet last week so it should be pretty up to date. I've been trying to figure this out for a week to no avail.  

@[email protected] ... Recently I also downloaded this journal to test it... it didn't work. Did you read this disclaimer?

Also, as I am constantly evolving the journal and adding in new functionality I built in a 3-month usage period. In order to ensure that no one gets left behind and is using an old version, after 3 months you will get a notification. All your work will be saved in individual files however you will not be able to re-open the journal. If this happens, please contact me and I will send you the latest version.

The journal was posted in june, so in sep it expired and if it wasn't updated, it won't work. Let see what Bart says.

Hi mate,

Download a new version of the journal and let me know how you go. 

There is a 3 month usage period to ensure ppl download the newest version. I’m assuming you’ve downloaded a version that was on my site for 3 months and has lapsed.

Let me know how you go :-)

The link to the journal is at the top of this thread :-)

Hi Bart, I haven't used your journal yet but am very excited to do so. Question, so we should use that same link http://daytradearcade.com/trading-journal2/ to get the latest version every 3 months? Also if it expires with our data in it, is there a way to migrate that data over to the new journal or do we need to start a new one?

Thanks!

I'm assuming that the 3 month lock feature must be some sort of formula written in a cell somewhere, is that correct?  Would you please be able to tell us where that cell is so that we can delete it if we want to?  Journal looks pretty cool and I appreciate you putting it out there for people to use.  Thank you for your help.

On 10/18/2018 at 7:17 PM, Brendon said:

Hi Bart, I haven't used your journal yet but am very excited to do so. Question, so we should use that same link http://daytradearcade.com/trading-journal2/ to get the latest version every 3 months? Also if it expires with our data in it, is there a way to migrate that data over to the new journal or do we need to start a new one?

Thanks!

Hi Brendon,

Once the 3 month time expires the journal will save each sheet in a separate excel file (so you won't lose any data). To migrate the data from an expired journal just copy it from the newly-created files into the new journal.

On 10/18/2018 at 7:45 PM, True said:

I'm assuming that the 3 month lock feature must be some sort of formula written in a cell somewhere, is that correct?  Would you please be able to tell us where that cell is so that we can delete it if we want to?  Journal looks pretty cool and I appreciate you putting it out there for people to use.  Thank you for your help.

Hi True,

The 3 month limit was put in place to ensure that everyone had the latest version. I keep updating the journal with new features as and when I get requests. I'd rather not remove it for the moment as I am planning to build an online version which will supersede the excel version.

Hello All, 

I'm currently in the process of developing my trading journal. Does anyone know if the aforementioned trading journal is still in use within the BBT community? The posts are somewhat outdated and I figured there would be more activity related to "Bart's Trading Journal" if it was being consistently used and tested.

Hi Beau,

I built Total Trader in 2018 and shared it with our community. I spoke to Mike B recently ([email protected]as he wanted to use it in a presentation. I've taken a break from trading hence have not updated it, however feel free to download it and let me know your thoughts.

Hi,

I am looking into the tools available for journaling and analyzing trades and I like spread sheets for doing so. The total trader is a great tool. 

Now I'm wondering if somebody has done any updates on the total trader 2020 version that is available for download? 

@Mike B I've seen in the webinar "creating a trading business plan" (which by the way is an awesome webinar big thanks for that) you seem to use the total trader a lot. Also you showed a page that has a bunch of check boxes where you can check e.g. "Entry Great: (x) close to planned entry". I'm wondering if you worked on the tool to possibly have that connected to the total trader? or maybe its already in there and I just dont find it.

who else is using the total trader? 

Edited by Sebastian B