Brendon

CME Group - Review After 3 Months

Can someone do a video walkthrough on replicating this platform as how we have it set up via the sim on DAS?

The platform is pretty much identical. The only difference I know of is the 'Risk Control' feature when you right click your account in the acct window. CMEG doesn't seem to have that so you better watch your max loss per day. Since I use them I just keep my max risk per trade so low I usually run out of trade setups before max loss anyway...if I was red on each trade. I emailed them about it a while back. Also I don't think the global trend line update that Lee W. was working made it to the release of DAS that CMEG uses. Perhaps in the next update once it's finalized with DAS.

• Like 1

On 8/7/2018 at 2:47 AM, onosendi said:

Not being able to close your positions - how is this not a deal breaker for you guys?

@Brendon, I agree with @onosendi comment. Having troubles to close a position can be very dangerous.

Can you please explain how you handle it?

Brendon, on the issues post that you began this thread with, have the issues improved?  Especially, are you still having trouble closing out positions?

Has anyone had an issue cmeg rejecting the wire transfer? I used chase to transfer x amount of dollars and per the bank cmegs bank rejected the transfer. Cmeg is investigating why this happened. Funds are back in my account but im wondering why this happened

Hey nostalgiaguru, I am not sure if closing out SSR positions has improved, word on the street is that it is still an issue. So I just dont trade SSR with CMEG too often. I haven't had an issue in many months with closing out positions since. I guess I found my own solution 🙂

Hi, JramosentI use Chase as well for wire transfers to CMEG, just did a transfer last week with no issues, if you want to post a s/s of your recipient information here I can see if it matches mine. I set it up online not at a branch. 

I went into the branch just to be on the safe side. I have everything cmeg gave me as far as recipient bank. How long did it take for them to recieve funds though online? 

About 4 days max I think, sometimes really fast 1-2 days I had it happen. No issues and I did maybe 3-4 wire transfers. All online. 

I can't buy and SSR stocks. Won't buy on teh up-tick and from what I remember someone on this forum contacted them about it & they said they didn't want liability. Doesn't make sense though because why not just not show shorts available then?

If anyone is able to buy SSR shorts on CMEG please respond and tell me how it's done!

Oh, and I was able to fund in about 4 days with no problem.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
People that spend their time telling others what can't be done only annoy those of us out there doing it.

3 minutes ago, fullmoonguru said:

I can't buy and SSR stocks. Won't buy on teh up-tick and from what I remember someone on this forum contacted them about it & they said they didn't want liability. Doesn't make sense though because why not just not show shorts available then?

If anyone is able to buy SSR shorts on CMEG please respond and tell me how it's done!

Oh, and I was able to fund in about 4 days with no problem.

Good to know for future references....Maybe ill just avoid SSR stocks until further notice. Or just on very small size?