Sign in to follow this  
fjmocke

Anyone from South Africa?

Hi everyone,

I'm looking to day trade as per this community's principles, however the hours will be a bit awkward from my time zone.  Anyone here from South Africa?  Would like to get your opinion on your experience regarding trading late afternoons.

I'm currently working as a consultant from home which gives me ample opportunity to trade.  I have lots of experience with automated algorithmic trading, however that does not work for day trading, and thus cannot make a living from it as millions are required.

Hi!

I am not from South Africa, but I do love it there!  I was travelling in Africa and South Africa most of December and January.  I was not day trading then, as I am just starting.  I was doing a lot of swing trading at the time. The time zone was so much better for me!  I live in Vancouver and trading here requires being up very early.  The market opens in SA at 14:30.   I don't think you will have any problems.  :)

Best,

Corey

On 6/4/2018 at 7:10 PM, Corey Jones said:

Hi!

I am not from South Africa, but I do love it there!  I was travelling in Africa and South Africa most of December and January.  I was not day trading then, as I am just starting.  I was doing a lot of swing trading at the time. The time zone was so much better for me!  I live in Vancouver and trading here requires being up very early.  The market opens in SA at 14:30.   I don't think you will have any problems.  🙂

Best,

Corey

Hi Corey,

Apologies for the VERY late reply.  The good news is I'm a lifetime member and been trading the simulator for about two weeks now.  The market open 15:30, which is OK.  It seems like most of the action happens within 30 minutes, so I usually stop at 16:00, which is good.  I would prefer very early morning trading as the mind is sharper.

Great that you were travelling Africa.  SA is an exceptional country, except for the the crime and political situation.  I'm going to give Zambia try for about two years as I signed a 2 year contract with Barrick.  Maybe I stay there permanently, otherwise if I'm good enough with trading I'll move to the Western Cape probably which is the safest province in SA.