Sign in to follow this  
MichelleJ

Any SIM for off-hour stock replay ?

Anyone knows, is there SIM offering off-hour trading practice? Since I have a full time job , one hour  each day DAS SIM seems not sufficient .  If there is a SIM which displays the day time data for traders to play off -hour, that would be really helpful.

I believe Think or Swim offers a replay functionality. I think the difficulty will be that the scanners won't work real time, so I'd suggest perhaps logging in during the morning to grab the watchlist so you at least have a starting point to practice.

I have an old TD Ameritrade account and played with the ThinkorSwim version (free for TD Ameritrade), it's not nearly as nice / robust as the TradingSim offering. They also disable a lot of stuff in the program when you enable the replay feature, kinda hamstrings you. I kept bumping into "this feature is not available in replay", mainly because they aren't syncing all of the data to that timestamp, but just the chart data tied to the sim. I don't think it even does Time and Sales / Level 2 feeds.

Where-as with TradingSim they have all of the stuff sync'd so that you're seeing a datapoint in time. They also offer some watchlists (gap list) built in, which ThinkorSwim does not, so with ToS you'd have to research every day you want to practice while also shielding yourself from spoilers, since it's in the past.

---------------------------------------------------------
Profile / Project Pages (Dynamic Hotkeys, StreamDeck Files, and other contributions are located here)