natelockett

DAS Trader Pro Buy with OCO

I would like to place a Buy Order immediately at the ASK price and simultaneously I would like a Stop order at the number that I specify and sell order for my target that I specify. I cannot figure out how to get this done. I can figure out the OCO orders pair but that will not buy the stock at the ASK price unless I am doing something wrong. I don't expect this to be a hot key as the target and stops are subjective. Right now I have the Equalized Risk Hotkey setup to place the stop where I double click on the chart and that works well, but I would also like the Target to be input.

I don't know if there's a way to do exactly what you ask in DAS but what I used to do was enter on a hotkey then set a "range" stop.

So select stop in your montage it defaults to a Limit stop I believe. In that dropdown you can select "range" and type the high and low price. If you're looking for bigger moves this works fine, obviously wouldn't be suitable if you had a scalping entry and your stop could be taken out in seconds.

I do almost the same but I don't use DAS anymore, I use TWS to execute (and bookmap for watching the market) . My order now has an auto stop of a dollar and TWS has chart trading so I just drag it immediately where I want my stop. After that I key my OCO orders for my profit targets and cancel my original stop order. If I want to move them around I just drag them on the chart.