comments from BBT community:

Alfredo 3/9/2023 @ 12:48 pm
@Paras. It´s possible to have 2 different brokerage accounts in DAS? (IB + TDameritrade). My other question is if you know COBRA trading. Thanks

trader0 3/9/2023 @ 12:50 pm
@Alfredo Separate DAS apps for TDA, IB $150/mo for each

Bandit 1/24/2023 12:21 pm
@Paras thanks for inspiring me to move to DAS-TD and taking my coms away!! I trade the open and actually feel like I get better fills than IB, plus I've had shorts on several occasions where IB has not. So thank you:)

MomoTrader 3/1/2023 3:13 pm
@StephenMeowkmus @Hans I moved from DAS-IB to DAS-TD and am very happy and wish I had done it earlier. At the open, I do find a milli-second delay with DAS-TD, but not significant enough..I am a momentum trader and do quite a bit of scalping at the open..no big complaints. he zero commissions makes it really worth it.

NVDA 3/1/2023 @ 3:22 pm
@Hans late to this discussion but there are several studies out that show you et better fills with TD than IB.

MomoTrader 3/1/2023 @ 3:33 pm
@MasterChief https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=4189239

MomoTrader 3/1/2023 @ 3:34 pm
@Hans not arrguing against your experience..I myself felt a milli-second delay in fills with DAS-TD (vs IB), but seems the fill price seems to be better with TD per those studies..

MomoTrader 3/1/2023 @ 3:36 pm
@Peter_laptop ...just to clarify, DAS is not DIRECT ACCESS Trading with IB & TD..Only Direct routing. They are Direct access with market only with native brokerrs using their API

Hans Contributor 3/1/2023 @ 3:36 pm
@Peter they were just showing that studies have shown that TD is better fills than IB. nobody was pushing one or the other, I have both

Shelley 3/1/2023 @ 3:37 pm
TD customer service is excellent. I was not impressed with IB's customer service.

David76 3/2/2023 @ 11:27 am
I don't think I understand how DAS is calculating trades. At the start of the morning I will position into 4 stock, but will has between 6 and 8 tickets.

MomoTrader 3/2/2023 @ 11:30 am
@David76 every transaction is counted as a ticket ..like if you short 500 shares and broker breaks it to two 250 share lots, thats two tickets...

MomoTrader 3/2/2023 @ 11:31 am
@David76 IB was notorious for such splits..and charged commission for every ticket..not seeing that too much with TD

Lori S 3/3/2023 @ 3:18 pm
DAS is $120 and then the data for TDA was going to be another $150 - I thought

trader0 3/3/2023 @ 3:19 pm
@Lori S No I have DAS-TDA - switched from DAS-IB - same cost for both

trader0 3/3/2023 @ 3:18 pm
@Lori S makes sense - DAS is $150 /mo for DAS-TDA and DAS-IB with TotalView, ARCA

Lori S 3/3/2023 @ 3:19 pm
ok so I would have the same cost, just less commissions...

trader0 3/3/2023 @ 3:19 pm
@Lori S yes 🙂

td-fill.png

DarkMoon 3/17/2023 @ 11:45 am
I paid for both DAS-TD and DAS-IBKR for a month and ran some stats...after comms, TDA won out.

Hans Contributor 3/17/2023 @ 11:39 am
I strongly suggest using TD w/Das instead of IB. the fills are good now and the comm's savings is a life saver while you learn

Hans Contributor 3/17/2023 @ 11:47 am
@John I've had both and there is sometimes a slight delay getting filled on TD with das. There are independent tests that show better fills on TD but I don't think they are taking the delay into consideration. Your strategy many times requires very fast fills. Maybe TD isn't the best fit for you. But why not spend $150.00 on a month of Das with TD and see for yourself. If I had started with Das TD, I would have saved thousands in comms

Hans Contributor 3/17/2023 @ 11:53 am
@John_H a couple traders here in chat were insistent that I was wrong about TD Das because independent tests have shown best market order fills with TD. I traded them side by side and sometimes Das Td is delayed, its that simple

bv 3/17/2023 @ 11:41 am
TD ameritrade is not available to Canadians but TD investing is

trader0 4/27/2023 @ 1:52 pm
@Jamie @Korey DAS-TD - in my case it took 1 day to get marked as PDT (with number of trades that exceeded the limit) and 2 days to get the 4x margin on day and 2x on overnight - automatically

trader0 4/27/2023 @ 2:02 pm
https://dastrader.com/docs/supported-functions-by-das-ib-and-td-ameritrade/ here it says - ^TD acknowledgement is above a microsecond delay and so some hotkey orders may get rejected. The microsecond delay is not a problem for me even when trading ORBs

Edited by onlyjava
add info
  • Like 1

I use both, and from my experience, some orders do not get filled, and has a huge slippage on the stop market orders. Especially volatile stocks with wide spreads like nvda. You have to do the math, for the vol of shares I trade on nvda, the avg cost for the week using IB is around $60, about 250/mth. TD, free. But I do notice that I have bigger slippage, sometimes up to .30-40 on entries, and stops compared to IB. However, the overall performance on stocks that has slower moves, and tighter spreads, such as $aapl, not much of a difference. it is a toss up for now, but as you move into bigger shares, and volume, then you have to calculate if the slippage loss on a given stock is worth the commission free trades. For now, yes for me on nvda, since most of the time, I am looking for min. of 2-4 dollar move, and the .15-25 slippage in entries, are. usually 5-7.5 loss, but make up for it in the trade. Limit orders are decent, but market orders execution on TD is terrible. But as i said, I have never been able to accurately tell how much slippage, but some of the stop/market orders have slipped by .20-35 cents. If you have 100-200 shares, that's 35-70 dollars. Yes, I have seen such loss on a stop that is suppose to @b/e. However, Ib has some slippage on market orders, and stop/market. But it is usually .5-10 cents. Nominal. What I am thinking of doing is placing a bracket order .25-40 cents in front of my b/e limit order. 
The only danger about using a limit order, if it doesn't get filled, you can face a big loss. Stop market, you will get filled, but not at the price you have it placed, due to the slippage. so, yeah, one of those things that we deal with. I can't help but to think the mm and the brokers benefits from this somehow, but there is no way to prove it. I think they use micro pennies to make profits, but probably make a killing taking in the diff between a spread, and the slippage, if they can slip it in there. 🙂 Happy trading Everyone.