Sign in to follow this  
Carlos M.

Amazing Trading Day 5/16 +$1,800

Hi all,

I had an amazing trading day, I was able to end my day with a profit of $1,800! Last week I ended the week with all green days and a total of $4,300 in profits!, so far the month of May is going very well! I am starting to become confident and consistent in my trading ability since I when live back in January.

It has only been 5 months, so I still have a lot to learn but the experience I am receiving everyday from Andrew and the BBT community is priceless! Like Andrew says, "you need to survive the learning curve" and Bear Bull Traders is helping me do just that!

P&L 5-16

Below is a detail recap of my trades on MU which gave me most of my profits today. Total of $775!

MU

First trade was a bit premature. I was watching the premarket action on MU and then I noticed the big volume. I got in long right at the open because I didn't want to miss out on the move. As soon as I got in I realized I got in just because fear of missing out and immediately got out of the trade because I was not following my rule of waiting at least 3 to 5 mins after the open for the ORB.

After waiting my 5 mins the price action settle down and I got in long after seen the bounce off the moving averages and ABCD pattern forming. I took most of the profit on the way up and left a little bit incase it when higher. I got out once it couldn't break the HOD.

Andrew called out MU as a possible short once it broke VWAP, I also went short, covered some and all once the price didn't drop further.

Prior to entering the fourth trade the candle was very bullish with volume I when long and took profit at the top, once it started to drop I took the rest of the profit at the VWAP.

Hope this is  helpful and feel free to reach out to me with any questions you might have. See you all in the chatroom!

Carlos

Thanks Abiel, I sure will keep sharing.

wow you beat me really hard on this Carlos! Great job!

Thanks Andrew! Just learning from the best! :)

Wow. Nice trades. And very good to hear from someone who's going throug the learning curve and shows progress. It is encouraging for others, like me.

Nicely followed your rules! Keep up the good trading.

Thank you all!

Are you trading full time, or do you still have a ‘daytime’ job?

I am trading full time. Prior to January I worked for a named Haier for 12 years, they are huge in China. Well, they decided to purchase GE Appliances and with that they relocated to Kentucky were GE's Appliance headquarters is. So that put me out of a job in December 2017, since I was a management level and for that many years are severance and bonus package was very descent and allowed to get full time in to trading. And let me know forget a loving, very loving fiancé that supports most of my craziness.... lol that's key....

I planned it so I was in the simulator and studying about 7 months before going live in January. Hoping to make this my new career!

Carlos

That’s awesome (in a strange kind of way - seeing how you lost your job at first). Unfortunately, I’m still stuck in my day job, so my progress is a bit slower. On the upside though, I live in Denmark and have very flexible working hours, so I can be home by the time trading starts in the US. Spending my weekends studying the art of trading (reading the books in Andrew’s list and working on my trading diary - have it set up in Excel at the moment, but will make the switch to Access soon). Can’t wait to ditch my day job and go full time trading. And also, I do have a patient wife :)

Thanks Gordon! Wish you all the best in this journey I am sure with hard work and the BBT program you will be fine.

I had another great day in trading! 5/17 -  $1,600

P&L 5-17

BZUN was amazing! $1,300 - Opening Range break up then Short from HOD. (I need to do a better job at recapping the trades but doing a SpeedTrader Webinar now. )

Here is how May is going for me:

IMG_6231

I have a whiteboard next to my trading station, and I just added a calendar which helps me keep track of my Green, Red and No trading days. What I like about this is that when I have a red day like Monday, it keeps me in check mentally that this is a probability game. My job is to have more green days then red and not let the red mentally throw me off my cool when trading, I accept the lost, survive to trade tomorrow.

Carlos

Hi Carlos, amaing job and strategy

I have been trading on simulator for 2 months, one of the things that I am struggling is how large my position have to be in order to have a reasonable profit.

Since I live abroad (Israel), I have the possibility to open a broker account with less thatn 25K, however after being for a while trading I think you need  BP in order to have a reasonable profit which will leave you a reasonable net profit after paying commision fees, spread, taxes, software, etc

What would be your recommendation.

I would like to kindly ask you how was your plan/training to get to the point you are now

Thank you in advance for your help,

IL