Austin D

Level 2 on TOS (ThinkorSwim) - Why does it suck?

I know that this is a DAS-heavy community, but I've mostly been using TOS, and there are many aspects of it that I like.  However, the level 2 seems to absolutely suck.  Sometimes I'll look at a moderator's screen in the chatroom, and they'll be watching the same stock that I am, but the level 2 on DAS shows way more information in a much more easily readable format.  I've tried searching for configuration options to adjust the L2 in TOS, but I can't find any.

Does anyone else have this same problem?  Do other people find a way to make the L2 useful in TOS?

Austin

Thanks for the responses guys.  At least I'm not the only one!  I've been working on a strategy that doesn't rely much on the L2 as a result of it being so sucky on TOS.

there are plenty of strategies that does not use L2 and relies on market profiles, patterns, trend lines, levels, moving average configuration, engulfing pattern, divergences, price action on multiple time frames, and other combinations of market internals.