lucian_dinu

IBKR Options Trader Hotkeys issue - window loosing focus

Hey gang!  I got this issue using IBKR Options Trader...

My problems is that when I use my hotkeys after activating an option by pressing either C or P (call or put) in the option chain, 
the hotkey works without any issues, but if I try to exit for example or add, or any order for that matter, the hotkey does not work anymore. 
To be able to use the hotkey I have to press again that specific option and then the hotkey desired.

In a nutshell for each stroke of the hotkey I have to press the specific option, which would to purpose of the hotkey
To note that I am not moving the mouse, activating other window or anything like that, it seems like the Option is loosing FOCUS after each hotkey execution.  Thanks in advance!

P.S.  I hope I can find some help here cause Interactive Brokers Customer service is being rubbish so far....lost couple oh hours...on the phone and waiting in line, being pass by one to another, calling tech from US, Australia....etc....not the first time when I get poor experience with them.

Edited by lucian_dinu

5 hours ago, Dasc said:

Following... Did you figure out a solution to this?

I did found a solution, but to start with... indeed everyone has same issue....IBKR is crap you have to press every single time on that option put or call before placing any order IN or OUT, every damn time....the work around it is using Elgato Stream Deck or CorsAir pad/ keyboard and program it (on Elgato is called Super Macro plugin, easy to do even if you are not a programmer if you do some YouTube & google search)...so the "programing script on SUPER Macro of Elgato" will mimic LEFT Mouse click and then after a short delay that you prgram will execute you desired action Place Order to get in or OUT...but that means you should not move your mouse from that option Putt/ CALL 

honestly doesn't worth putting up with all the BS of platform IBKR is, better get the add on Subscription on DAS Trader / OPRA LVL1 $25 and trade directly from DAS, works great so why not use that.