Zeckrin

Limit order with attached OCO?

Hello all,

I currently have the Equalized risk keys and also OCO hotkeys. These are great but both require me to first enter a trade before the OCO is placed.

I would like to Put in  a limit order and an OCO order that only gets triggered when the limit order gets triggered. Is this possible?

At times I just want to be able to set it and forget it. If price comes down to here then buy and instantly enter an OCO to give me stop & target.

Like TradingView: If the 1000 Buy limit does not get hit then the OCO order does nothing.

image.png.4715b8d9a0e59f66a50b8230c0a7f4cb.png

Thanks!

Mike

3 hours ago, peterB said:

it is possible but it is not very exact because of the limitations of DAS variables (and buggy trigger order implementation) so it has to be counted as a percentage of current/last price, not the price at the time of the entry order executions.

Thanks for sharing this Peter. That stinks and will not work for me personally. My stop loss & target are specific levels and can't be defined by R/R from current price.

Seems like  in some things DAS is great but others it's way behind (maybe cause they have a monopoly on the DA broker arena). I've traded with many different platforms (non DA) and OCO attached to limit's is almost always available no matter what the platform.

Mike

Ah ok. So your saying just use the keys and you will see the SL/TP and you can then drag them to where you want them to be. Thank you, that may work then.  Is there anyway though to put the same type of order in for just a specific amount of shares without the risk $ value?

(Seems DA brokers like Cobra, CenterPoint, SpeedTrader are focused heavily on DAS so that's the reason for my comment. I may have been saying it wrong. )