Sign in to follow this  
vic

Expertkeys EK-20 20 key USB keypad any good?

I'm looking to buy this, is it any good? Should I go for anything else? Thanks for help!

Expertkeys EK-20 free programmable 20 key USB keypad / keyboard

Get a Stream Deck. Pretty much the same price and way more customizable with LCDs that can display icons to help you remember what each key does. A few of us have one and love it.

@dima with streamdeck, how doe the keys feel? Do they feel pro or do they feel cheap? Thanks

Feels great to me. I've never had to memorize a single set of hotkeys, so I think it's well worth the price. :)

@dima, what layout do you use for the streamdeck? It just arrived :-)

Thanks, oh i need to install windows 10 now

PFFFF lol

My setup is described in this thread: https://forums.bearbulltraders.com/topic/elgato-stream-deck/

On 5/19/2018 at 11:56 AM, Jan R said:

Have fun with it vic. My layout...

20180519_132438505_iOS

Hi Jan, how much does this cost?)

On 6/11/2018 at 12:41 PM, Aiman Almansoori said:

Hi Jan, how much does this cost?)

If you don't want to spend the $150 and have an extra smartphone (+ Windows PC) you don't use, you can use PowerGrid. It's free software that does a lot of what the Stream Deck does, except via your smartphone screen, so it can do even more (as far as displaying of information).

https://www.roccat.org/en-US/Products/Gaming-Software/Power-Grid/Home/

The Pros:
+ It's free (+ old smartphone)
+ It's very configurable and can display advanced system info, if you use a trading platform with an open API (unfortunately, not DAS), you could display trade info with some programming knowledge.
+ Lots of program presets available.
+ Size is limited to your old device, so if you use an old Fire tablet (for example), you could have *a lot* of hot keys.

The Cons:
- A little bit of a learning curve to setting it up.
- Limited to the haptic feedback of the phone (the vibration motor), you don't get the squishy button feedback.
- Have to make your own stand.

Edited by KyleK29

---------------------------------------------------------
Profile / Project Pages (Dynamic Hotkeys, StreamDeck Files, and other contributions are located here)

On 5/12/2018 at 1:06 AM, vic said:

I'm looking to buy this, is it any good? Should I go for anything else? Thanks for help!

Expertkeys EK-20 free programmable 20 key USB keypad / keyboard

I'd say it's not worth it. For way way less you can do a DIY one with an old HID Numpad, some free software, a printer, and some glue (you'd have to print the button icons anyways). They're charging a heavy premium for having translucent key covers over what's just a glorified USB number pad.

This video breaks down what's needed for a DIY approach: 

Also, didn't mean to post in a new post, but still trying to learn the new forum software.

Edited by KyleK29

---------------------------------------------------------
Profile / Project Pages (Dynamic Hotkeys, StreamDeck Files, and other contributions are located here)