Hello -

Been going through the video series provided in the education center (great stuff!)  I've done my own research on platforms, brokers and scanners and while Interactive Brokers and Trade Ideas ranks high according to many sources DAS is never on the list of recommended platforms.  And during my simulation trading I've found DAS to be clunky and outdated compared to other options available like TradingView.  So, I'm curious why DAS is the preferred platform here as opposed to others?  Is it the trading hotkeys?  Obviously that is a big one and I have not done too much in TradingView but I would think they have something similar (total guess).  Not only that but the cost is considerably cheaper.  $60 compared to $150.  Is there something specific I am missing that is the reason behind the recommendation?  I also can't seem to get DAS to work with multiple monitors while TradingView does.  

I can understand familiarity as a reason but as a new trader I don't have the familiarity and would prefer to use a platform that is easy to understand, navigate and just in general looks better on the eyes.   

Thank you for your time,

Kyle 

NOTE: I'm only using the Demo right now.  

Edited by Yahtzee

14 hours ago, Yahtzee said:

Hello -

Been going through the video series provided in the education center (great stuff!)  I've done my own research on platforms, brokers and scanners and while Interactive Brokers and Trade Ideas ranks high according to many sources DAS is never on the list of recommended platforms.  And during my simulation trading I've found DAS to be clunky and outdated compared to other options available like TradingView.  So, I'm curious why DAS is the preferred platform here as opposed to others?  Is it the trading hotkeys?  Obviously that is a big one and I have not done too much in TradingView but I would think they have something similar (total guess).  Not only that but the cost is considerably cheaper.  $60 compared to $150.  Is there something specific I am missing that is the reason behind the recommendation?  I also can't seem to get DAS to work with multiple monitors while TradingView does.  

I can understand familiarity as a reason but as a new trader I don't have the familiarity and would prefer to use a platform that is easy to understand, navigate and just in general looks better on the eyes.   

Thank you for your time,

Kyle 

NOTE: I'm only using the Demo right now.  

Hotkeys are very good in DAS, better than e.g. TWS. That being said, there are still limitations that I would like to see improved, e.g. stop entries over the prior High. I am not aware that TradingView is sufficient for actual trading, that is more of a replay, analysis and documentation tool I thought. Isn't it web based? That would not be my choice. 

I am personally still on TWS which has its own limitations. I am interested to hear other comments.

8 hours ago, peterB said:

you can have stop entries wherever you click

I may be mistaken but I was not aware that you can do that, including a corresponding stop loss at a price you choose, and automatic calculation of size depending on the difference, based on a risk unit. Is that so?