GoldWTcal

TWS vs. DAS Trader Pro

Good day,

In Andrew's book - " How to day trade for a living",  on page 114-115, he wrote:

" I personally prefer IB as my broker and DAS Trader as trading platform. My broker offers their own platform called TWS, which I do not recommend for day trading. "

What are the reasons behind the author's discouragement to use TWS for day trading?

It seems that TWS charges a way lower data package fees for level 2 data and there is no monthly fee for using the platform.

For a small trading account, honestly fees and expenses do make differences. 

Will appreciate the clarifications in this respect. Thanks

On 6/5/2022 at 11:59 PM, GoldWTcal said:

Good day,

In Andrew's book - " How to day trade for a living",  on page 114-115, he wrote:

" I personally prefer IB as my broker and DAS Trader as trading platform. My broker offers their own platform called TWS, which I do not recommend for day trading. "

What are the reasons behind the author's discouragement to use TWS for day trading?

It seems that TWS charges a way lower data package fees for level 2 data and there is no monthly fee for using the platform.

For a small trading account, honestly fees and expenses do make differences. 

Will appreciate the clarifications in this respect. Thanks

What was the answer as I cannot see it but @GoldWTcal  was thanking Peter for the reply