Sign in to follow this  
Abiel

USB to VGA Adapter for aditional monitor

Abiel, those devices are SUPER finicky! I haven't used that one, but I've use the Startech devices and they were nothing but a headache! If you can't add an additional video card, but your machine support DisplayPort, you may be able to go the DisplayPort route instead.

Hey Abiel,

I too have that same brand that Paul S mentioned. Mine is a very similar model, but with DVI instead of VGA. I've used it for years with no problems. I actually have mine feeding a separate monitor off to the side that runs the BearBullTraders chat room all day! So I wouldn't be using it for that if I didn't trust it. Windows 10 has builtin drivers that detect it out of the box, all you need to do is plug it in. I can't speak for other operating systems or versions.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004AIJE9G

Best of luck,

Uncle B

So I just ordered two Plugable USB to VGA Video Graphics Adapter for Multiple Displays up to 1920x1080...

Here you can find the the DisplayLink system check utility to see if there are any problems with hardware or software that may be blocking the Plugable USB graphics adapter from working with the system.

Here you´ll find the Plugable DISPLAYLINK USB GRAPHICS DRIVERS so you can download and install the latest software for this device...

As soon as they arrive and got them installed I´ll post an upate...

Abiel,

Mine failed after a week. Green power light not on. I checked cables and monitor ect and still not working. Returning for refund, but I see a lot of good feedback here. Is yours still working?

Thanks!

Stuart K

On 1/9/2018 at 2:10 AM, Ryan W said:

Abiel, those devices are SUPER finicky! I haven't used that one, but I've use the Startech devices and they were nothing but a headache! If you can't add an additional video card, but your machine support DisplayPort, you may be able to go the DisplayPort route instead.

Hi Ryan, just reporting about these devices, after 3 years, I just retired 2 of them without an issue!