Hoping someone can help. I am fairly new to all this and have been spending time with set up. Recently working on Hotkeys. Today I tried to open my hotkey window and for unknown reason it is loading an empty window with a file called "Hotkey.htk" as a hotkey configure file (see image). If I try opening this nothing happens. I tried hitting browse and there is no other file to try opening. Out of curiosity I tried adding a new item to see what would happen and still nothing shows up. So somehow I have lost my hotkey file with all of the pre-set hotkeys and the new hotkeys I have added. I have no idea how this happened. I thought maybe I should uninstall and reinstall DAS but I don't even know how to do this. Is there a hotkey file I can download from somewhere? Any other suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated.

Issue with window.JPG

I only have one .htk file and that is empty. The only other files I have with Hotkey in the filename are not .htk files. I did not backup my hotkey file, nor did I back up my DAS system. I will obviously do so from now on. I bet if I look on the forums I'll find a hotkey file. If not I'll re-install. A real mystery how the contents of that file got deleted.

Thanks Peter

Another possibility is DAS messing up that windows display due to having monitor(s) with non 100% scaling or multiple monitors with different text scaling DPI settings.   I've seen the hotkeys window just like that but when sized way bigger the list showed up but in the wrong position on the right.

I have a system with 6 monitors with 125% and 150% scaling and due to DAS I have to ensure I start the PC with only the primary one powered on so Windows has that first in its monitors list.  If I don't then the hotkey setup and some other windows in DAS display completely wrongly (content out of view, buttons off view etc).   Even with that DAS still has some issues with non 100% text scaling but most aren't too severe.

I have logged several such issues with DAS support but they don't reply so not sure if they're going to fix them.

• Like 1

Thanks to all who responded. Turns out you were right SMP. The content was there, but way out of the visible area. If I bring DAS into my main window and open the hotkey window it's fine. If I open in my 2nd or 3rd monitor it's a problem. I tried fiddling around with the settings as you recommended Abiel, but nothing seemed to work. Whenever I drag the main DAS window to another monitor I have to resize it manually. Annoying. But hey, at least I found my hotkeys, which were there all along. I kinda knew I didn't lose them. I'm no computer wizard, but I'm not that stupid. I will back them up now mind you.

Thanks again for all your help.

19 hours ago, Vinnie T said:

Thanks to all who responded. Turns out you were right SMP. The content was there, but way out of the visible area. If I bring DAS into my main window and open the hotkey window it's fine. If I open in my 2nd or 3rd monitor it's a problem. I tried fiddling around with the settings as you recommended Abiel, but nothing seemed to work. Whenever I drag the main DAS window to another monitor I have to resize it manually. Annoying. But hey, at least I found my hotkeys, which were there all along. I kinda knew I didn't lose them. I'm no computer wizard, but I'm not that stupid. I will back them up now mind you.

Thanks again for all your help.

I'd still recommend submitting the bug via email to bugs[at]dastrader.com and/or support[at]dastrader.com - I've been trying to get them to fix it for over a year now.

Edited by KyleK29

---------------------------------------------------------
Profile / Project Pages (Dynamic Hotkeys, StreamDeck Files, and other contributions are located here)