I have read through many forum threads and picked up different points of view on the number of screens a competent Day Trader should have.

From reading the threads it feels like the recommendation is 4 screens to allow you to keep up with chats and data and charts and orders.  The predominance of sizes seems to be 24", so for the sake of this question we are talking 4 - 24" external screens.

I will be Day Trading from a desktop.  For those of you with years of experience Day Trading, how many screens do you run and what is your reasoning for the number of screens?  

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

100% agree with @peterB ...

At the begining of your trading career, one screen is more than enough as you still need to start the learning curve with hotkeys and the platform + the chart reading + pattern recognition + L2 reading + etc

Whenever you start doing some more practice, you can jump into a setup of 2 monitors or just 1 bigger one. It all depends on many things and IMHO is too personal to decide based in anyone else experience.

I totally disagree with the idea of having 4 screen at the same time. Too much info. Only "professionals" with +5 or +10 years of experience will manage that amount of information properly. Most of the cases, they will do more wrong than good.

• Like 2

One screen for DAS, and maybe one screen for screeners and the chat room.  However, info overload definitely will kill progress and create horrible habits.  I think you might find, like many others, even having the chat room up is too much.  Especially at first.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1