SamuelRice

TD Ameritrade execution speeds

Hello I was wondering if anyone knew how fast TD Ameritrade's execution speeds were. I read online that they are pretty fast. But couldn't find a comparision to IB brokers which is what I am currently using. I asked a few people in the chatroom and they said they had no problem getting filled quikcly, I was wondering if anyone else could elaborate on that.

I had the same question. The 0 commission at Ameritrade will allow some strategies that are not possible otherwise as long as I do not lose a large amount to slippage.

I already have a IB Das  Trader account, maybe I could link the Ameritrade account to it for an additional amount.

The comments by Trinity and video by Jessie in this post are very informative.

From this post by RealEstateDayTrader it seems that Ameritrade works fairly well except it does not have Auto Stop at maximum loss that IB  provides

I will try Ameritrade with Das and see how it goes

Edited by smishra

I have tried accounts with both Interactive Brokers using  Dastrader as user interface, and with TD Ameritrade with Think or Swim as the user interface.

Here are my experiences:

- For scalping, especially at open, Dastrader with Interactive Brokers is fast and responsive. ThinkorSwim seemsto lag at he open.

- When the market has settled the difference is not that great.

- I find it much easier to execute quick trades with Das using IB.

- If you are also doing options and futures, the features of Think of Swim are a level better than Dastrader

For now I am keeping both accounts using Das on IB for scalps, and Think or Swim for slower longer term trades. The 0 commission features emboldens me to try out new strategies on it it with small account size