RealEstateDayTrader

TD Ameritrade Das Trader Limited Risk Controls

Howdy BBT family,

Just learned the hard way that (although Das Trader told me this) TD Ameritrade does not allow the Auto Stop in Das Trader Risk controls to auto liquidate you if you get into HULK or a bad trade.   It did lock me out as I wanted if I went over my max loss (das told me this) but not  Auto stop (see snapshot below of Das Risk Control screen) feature.   Although I have $300 in max loss and was closed out after hitting that,  The trade still went on (das told me this would happen) and I'm out $1,400. 

I must learn my lesson this way it seems.

I have enjoyed green trading over last few weeks on TD and appreciate the no commissions on my trades.  However no commissions is a BS reason to pick TD IMO.

Interactive Brokers does allow Auto Stop and I liked them in the past therefore I will move back to IB

FYI - screen shot Risk Controls

Trade well community,

MRod 

0?ui=2&ik=3aadd4e892&attid=0.1.1&permmsgid=msg-f:1718684000685014617&th=17d9fdfe1dfa3e59&view=fimg&fur=ip&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ-yQRI-MKHxdDCp--x2OVP1QOYKh2fMH84O3HlE6tqWgEELscCgSV99CPcwuWOZnt2JM_Q38W-GZSpfrsu7A60Aqh5gohtTgJzeA51u_KoC2_6VF2tWYiYp8R4&disp=emb

• Like 1

Hey MRod,

Thanks for sharing. Unfortunately your picture did not load. Would love to see what happened. I am fairly new to Das Trader, currently using the SIm for just a few days now. I've been using ThinkorSwim with my TD account for the last 2 years. Could you explain a little more about the issue of "Auto Stop" not working with TD when using Das? What exactly is "Auto Stop", I'm assuming this is a feature that simply allows you to set a Stop Limit Trigger that stops you out once that price is hit. Is this correct?

I plan on using Das Trader with "Thors Hotkeys" which all you to click a price level on the chart, and use a hot key to enter a trade based on dollar risk using the price level from the chart that was clicked, as the stop.

@RawTradez1 Actually, I should answer your question.  TD Ameritrade and Das work together very well, it's just that this feature to AutoStop you out of a losing trade is not supported.  That's why I am moving all my money to Interactive Brokers. I feel like I cannot take a chance on not having this feature until I can control my monkey mind.

• Like 1

On 12/19/2021 at 8:18 AM, RealEstateDayTrader said:

@RawTradez1 Actually, I should answer your question.  TD Ameritrade and Das work together very well, it's just that this feature to AutoStop you out of a losing trade is not supported.  That's why I am moving all my money to Interactive Brokers. I feel like I cannot take a chance on not having this feature until I can control my monkey mind.

I have spoken to DAs, and they have stated they auto stop for TD. I had it tested today, and it stopped me out today. So I can verify that this feature with DAS and TD Ameritrade works.