True

TOS Auto Previous Day Price Levels and DAS style Chart Grid

For anyone that uses Thinkorswim I have some scripts that automatically plot the previous day open/high/low/close and also the premarket high/low like DAS does on Andrews charts.  They only show up on intraday charts, so they disappear once you go out to a daily chart like 6 months, etc, but I only really care about them on the intraday chart anyways so for me its not a problem.

These will be "Studies" that you can add to your charts, and there are different options, so you can set them up how you want.  You can choose if you want any of the open/high/low/close lines to show or not (i just use HLC), change the colors, bubbles/titles, line styles, etc.  There is also an option on the OHLC study to select how many days back you want it to go.  So 1 is yesterday, 2 is the day before, etc.  On Andrews DAS he has yesterday and the day before, so I've copied that and add two of the OHLC studies to my chart, one for yesterday (1) and another for the day before (2).  The premarket HL study just goes back to todays premarket so theres no option for days back, but you can tweak all the other stuff like the OHLC study.

I'm also sharing the Flexible Grid that I use for my Charts in case anyone wants to give it a try.  I pretty much copied the layout of Andrews DAS, although its a little different because, well, its a different program haha.  Got it close enough though haha.  I'll attach a screenshot so you can check it out first.  Depending on your screen size you may have to adjust some of the sections a bit.  Couple other things to note, for some reason TOS has some sort of bug that displays the top right section where I have the buy/sell buttons all weird when I open TOS in the morning.  I have to hit the little gear logo for that section, then hit the Restore button, then OK, for it to correct itself.  Same thing happens with the price ladder gadget in the bottom right.  Since I have the position summary already in the top right I hide it in the ladder section, but you have to hit the mini gear to do that.  Kind of annoying, but it is what it is.  Oh, and for some reason the Level II in TOS charts has the price, net change and % change repeated 3 times all together.  I have no idea why they do that.  Personally I just detach a Level II gadget and pin it over this section since the gadget doesn't have that issue and looks cleaner.  I've brought all this up to the TOS support so hopefully they fix that stuff someday.  If anyone else wants to let them know as well you can email them at [email protected].  Maybe if they get more people asking they'll actually fix it haha.  Ask for customizable hot keys too haha.

Heres the links:

Previous OHLC:  http://tos.mx/LPErUa

Premarket HL:  http://tos.mx/P9a56y

Andrews DAS Style Flex Grid:  http://tos.mx/avIx9s

To load these go to the top right Setup Gear and choose Open Shared Item.  Paste in these links and then you can then rename them whatever you want.  Alright this got a lot longer that I was planning.  Sorry for the rambling.  Hopefully this helps though.  Someday I'll switch to DAS haha, but for now it certainly saves me time in the morning plotting all the previous HLC and premarket HL levels. Let me know if you have any questions.

Screen shot of flex grid:

Screen Shot 2018-05-02 at 12.09.22 PM

• Like 2

Hey Nick T - thanks so much for this.  I got the links uploaded, and will work toward learning more about TOS, and everything else involved!

Regards,

Cindy M

Thanks for sharing. I started on TOS and haven't had a reason to switch to DAS. I like the Active Trader panel and the only thing I found different is you can't create new hot keys, so I don't have a hot key to sell half my position.

It needs to be added as a study to the chart.  When you have your Chart up (I use "flexible grid" chart option) at the top of the chart there is the options for style, drawings, studies, etc.  Click the studies tab, then choose edit studies.  Find the study from the list (I named it PramarketHL so that I could find it easy) and add it the the Price section.  There should be a little gear looking symbol next to it when its in the list.  If you click that it brings up the options.  For the "Inputs" I have it set for Yes for plot overnight extremes, and No for the the other two options.  For the "Options" section I only have the Show Study checkbox checked and not the other three check boxes.  For the "Plots" section there are two options, ONH (premarket high) and ONL (premarket low) and I have them set up the same.  I have Values = numerical, Draw as = its like a wavey line, style = dotted, Width = 1, Color = i used yellow because other colors were already used.  Obviously you can use whatever you want for any of those options for what looks best to you.  There is also three checkboxes in that section.  The only one that I have checked is the Show Plot checkbox.  Hit OK.  Then hit Apply, and then hit OK.  It should now be added to your chart.  Hopefully that helps but feel free to hit me up with any other questions.  

I tried to save the links to study, but it says the URL  appears to be broken. not sure if it's the TOS system problem or what. is it because I have to add substantial founds enable everything runs?

The steps you provided are very clear. thank you so much. Happy trading!!!

True, do you have a script that shows the little arrows where you bought and sold?

Edited by kielyy

@True did you use TOS for simulation? 

think or swim is what I have been using and I didn't want to switch to DAS just for the simulation.  I have paper money with live data, I just haven't tried it out yet.

@True This is exactly what I was looking for!

TD Ameritrade turned on realtime data on my free sim account (just had to ask) and I really like the OnDemand feature so I can watch any of BBT's pre-market shows and practice using the watchlist. Are you still using TOS?

Is there a study on DaS or one we could add to get the pre market high low like this study does for ToS?

I used it on ToS and loved it.

If you don’t have a mountain to climb, find one.

Hi everyone! Thank you @True for sharing those links - super helpful! Can someone explain what the on demand feature is for TOS and is there a way to set the Flex Grid link as my default?!

On 5/2/2018 at 7:31 AM, True said:

For anyone that uses Thinkorswim I have some scripts that automatically plot the previous day open/high/low/close and also the premarket high/low like DAS does on Andrews charts.  They only show up on intraday charts, so they disappear once you go out to a daily chart like 6 months, etc, but I only really care about them on the intraday chart anyways so for me its not a problem.

These will be "Studies" that you can add to your charts, and there are different options, so you can set them up how you want.  You can choose if you want any of the open/high/low/close lines to show or not (i just use HLC), change the colors, bubbles/titles, line styles, etc.  There is also an option on the OHLC study to select how many days back you want it to go.  So 1 is yesterday, 2 is the day before, etc.  On Andrews DAS he has yesterday and the day before, so I've copied that and add two of the OHLC studies to my chart, one for yesterday (1) and another for the day before (2).  The premarket HL study just goes back to todays premarket so theres no option for days back, but you can tweak all the other stuff like the OHLC study.

I'm also sharing the Flexible Grid that I use for my Charts in case anyone wants to give it a try.  I pretty much copied the layout of Andrews DAS, although its a little different because, well, its a different program haha.  Got it close enough though haha.  I'll attach a screenshot so you can check it out first.  Depending on your screen size you may have to adjust some of the sections a bit.  Couple other things to note, for some reason TOS has some sort of bug that displays the top right section where I have the buy/sell buttons all weird when I open TOS in the morning.  I have to hit the little gear logo for that section, then hit the Restore button, then OK, for it to correct itself.  Same thing happens with the price ladder gadget in the bottom right.  Since I have the position summary already in the top right I hide it in the ladder section, but you have to hit the mini gear to do that.  Kind of annoying, but it is what it is.  Oh, and for some reason the Level II in TOS charts has the price, net change and % change repeated 3 times all together.  I have no idea why they do that.  Personally I just detach a Level II gadget and pin it over this section since the gadget doesn't have that issue and looks cleaner.  I've brought all this up to the TOS support so hopefully they fix that stuff someday.  If anyone else wants to let them know as well you can email them at [email protected].  Maybe if they get more people asking they'll actually fix it haha.  Ask for customizable hot keys too haha.

Heres the links:

Previous OHLC:  http://tos.mx/LPErUa

Premarket HL:  http://tos.mx/P9a56y

Andrews DAS Style Flex Grid:  http://tos.mx/avIx9s

To load these go to the top right Setup Gear and choose Open Shared Item.  Paste in these links and then you can then rename them whatever you want.  Alright this got a lot longer that I was planning.  Sorry for the rambling.  Hopefully this helps though.  Someday I'll switch to DAS haha, but for now it certainly saves me time in the morning plotting all the previous HLC and premarket HL levels. Let me know if you have any questions.

Screen shot of flex grid:

Screen Shot 2018-05-02 at 12.09.22 PM

Hi True,

Thanks for the scripts. do you have something for marketable limit order in TOS just like the BBT crew have in DAS.

Thanks for your feedback.