Aphrodite

Stop LIMIT order during extended hours

Hi everyone!

I'm wondering why  my Stop LIMIT orders don't work during extended hours. I'm with IB and I can use them during extended hours when I send orders through their platform TWS (so it's not a broker limitation) but they don't seem to work with DAS 😞. Does anyone know whether it's possible to have them work outside of regular hours? 

Edited by Aphrodite

1 minute ago, peterB said:

from IB website https://ibkr.info/node/576

* For stocks, Market orders and Stop orders (which, when triggered, become Market orders) are only active from 09:30 until 16:00 EST (the Nyse's regular trading hours session). To have the order active in all sessions including the Premarket hours, Regular Trading Hours and the Aftermarket hours, you must use a Limit or Stop Limit type order and add the attribute "Allow Outside RTH".

stop limit orders are good only for entries and unusable for exits especially oursite RTH

Yes and as the site says you CAN use stop limit orders. And I've used them before- they work well (it's an extra protection when I'm in a position I can't watch every second, in addition to alerts). I'd like to also use them when trading from DAS. If it's not restricted by the broker, then I don't see a reason why it shouldn't be available for traders that want such option.

Speaking with DAS support just now it seems they decided not to allow stop limit orders to fill during PM/AH as they can be easily missed on volatile stocks or large prints.  I was told this was a DAS internal decision so even though IB allows it, DAS software does not.

Annoying for me as I trade the PM/AH quite a lot and stop limits are very handy but what ya gonna do.

ten

• Like 1