owltrader

Fixed Risk Hotkey script not activating Stop Loss

Hi everyone,

following a previous thread on this topic as I was just running into the same problem, but unfortunately none of the fixes or other suggestions I came across on either webinar content or forum seem to work. I am new here and am working on the Demo version of DAS Trader Pro. I have used the following script to risk $125 long for a 2:1 RRR:

CXL ALLSYMB;StopPrice=Price-0;DefShare=BP*0.97;Price=Ask-Price+0.00;SShare=125/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=LIMIT;Price= Ask+0.05;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Send;DefShare=200;Price=Ask-StopPrice*2+Ask;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:RANGE LowPrice:StopPrice HighPrice:Price ACT:SELL QTY:POS TIF:DAY+

Since I 'm using the Demo version I have adjusted the route with 'LIMIT' instead of 'SMRTL'. I have also checked my montage style to be 'STOP LOSS'. and Double click to trade ticked in settings. 

I 'm not receiving any error message as such. The long order is filled, there is just no sell order for the nominated S/L in my order window and as the (simulated) trade goes on, the S/L is expectedly not honored.

I have tried various versions of scripts provided by the BBT community either in this forum or on YouTube. Pretty much stuck.

Thanks in advance.

Hello Owltrader,

I don't know if by Demo you mean like a trial version of DAS or if you just mean the paper money account. I have the regular plan (non-trial) plan and the following script works on my paper (sim) account. However, it doesn't set the target limit for your 2:1 ratio, but it does the entry and sets the physical Stop Loss for you.  Since what you're trying to do is slightly different than me, I suspect the 'stop order' montage style might not work on the type of range order that you are trying to set, perhaps it would work on the 'OCO' or some other style on the montage. Hope this helps.

This is the exact script I'm using and it works for me if I'm on the 'Stop Order' Style on the montage:

StopPrice=Price-0;DefShare=BP*0.925;Price=Ask-Price+0.00;SShare=100/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=SMRTL;Price= Ask+0.05;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Send;DefShare=200;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice-0.05 ACT:SELL STOPPRICE:StopPrice QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+;

• Like 1

12 hours ago, peterB said:

are you testing it during market hours?

what does the montage message box say?

check/post your das logs? it is in the LOG folder in DAS trader demo

Thank you @peterB! I wasn't simulating during market hours - forgot to mention that I was simulating in 'replay' mode, since I 'm located on the other side of the world...

I managed to capture the last few live trading hours of Tuesday and the script worked perfectly! The script executed and initiated the S/L order as planned and triggered the sell at my predefined profit target of 2:1 - even made some (paper) profit on this trade! 

I also tested the S/L will be executed as planned - worked - too!

Your help has assisted me in switching to the full version of Dastrader Pro!

Cheers from downunder!

screecap_hotkeys_fix_risk.png

3 hours ago, LucioV said:

Hello Owltrader,

I don't know if by Demo you mean like a trial version of DAS or if you just mean the paper money account. I have the regular plan (non-trial) plan and the following script works on my paper (sim) account. However, it doesn't set the target limit for your 2:1 ratio, but it does the entry and sets the physical Stop Loss for you.  Since what you're trying to do is slightly different than me, I suspect the 'stop order' montage style might not work on the type of range order that you are trying to set, perhaps it would work on the 'OCO' or some other style on the montage. Hope this helps.

This is the exact script I'm using and it works for me if I'm on the 'Stop Order' Style on the montage:

StopPrice=Price-0;DefShare=BP*0.925;Price=Ask-Price+0.00;SShare=100/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=SMRTL;Price= Ask+0.05;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Send;DefShare=200;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice-0.05 ACT:SELL STOPPRICE:StopPrice QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+;

Thank you LucioV for your help. I was using the trial version (Demo) w/o any account yet. That has all been setup now that I know I can get some really good and reliable advice.

My scripts executed and both, the profit target and stop loss were honored. The programming of both the montage and keyboard hotkey functions works straight forward, but there was just a bit too many interfaces for me (trail version in replay mode)

Next step will be Dastrader Pro with my IBKR paper account for the next few months...

Cheers!