you have to set it to recognize das profile settings... took me a while to figure that out.

1) How do you  set it to recognize das profile settings?

2) Once SD recognizes DAS, and I have hotkeys on my keyboard,  how do I assign the buttons (shift+8, shift+9) to Stream Deck, or

do I actually copy the commands over from DAS hotkeys to SD?

Thx

Hi Jason, 

Thanks for sharing your icon set. Could you please share your hotkey file too? Thanks in advance. 

On 9/4/2018 at 9:00 AM, idosunmu said:

Hi Jason, 

Thanks for sharing your icon set. Could you please share your hotkey file too? Thanks in advance. 

Yes! I've been asked about this a couple times. My machine is currently not available for me to pull the hotkey file out of as my home flooded and we had to start packing our stuff. In a few weeks I'll unbox everything and get the file posted for everyone. For reference, I set up 100-1000 share block keys as CTRL-SHIFT-<number> and short hotkeys in the same denominations as  CTRL-Shift-<bottom keyboard rows). I then set my streamdeck to use standard hotkeys. I don't use the app profile switching functionality because I have found it to be unreliable when I bounce quickly from app to app. That may have changed as I haven't been able to trade in the last few months. 

Hi all, I'm having trouble with this too... I set the buttons to match the key presses for hotkeys in DASpro but they don't work when I push them.  They do send data though, I confirmed that in notepad. 

I think it has to do with what was said earlier about setting it to recognize the "DASpro profile settings"  Can anybody elaborate?  Seems to keep coming up but nobody has explained it yet.

On 9/18/2018 at 2:29 PM, klease said:

Hi all, I'm having trouble with this too... I set the buttons to match the key presses for hotkeys in DASpro but they don't work when I push them.  They do send data though, I confirmed that in notepad. 

I think it has to do with what was said earlier about setting it to recognize the "DASpro profile settings"  Can anybody elaborate?  Seems to keep coming up but nobody has explained it yet.

I'm not sure why you're having trouble. You shouldn't have to set a DAS specific profile at all. If you use the hotkey fuction in the software you can then record whatever keyboard shortcut you want. I've not set up mine to utilize profile switching, so perhaps that's why you're having an issue? You also still have to set up hotkeys in DAS that match the keyboard shortcut you set in the streamdeck.

On 9/18/2018 at 12:29 PM, klease said:

Here's a screenshot of how I do it. You'll notice I have the button mapped to: CTRL+ALT+PgDown (ignore the title of F1, I never changed it). In the Settings > Profiles > I have a "Day Trading" profile configured and Application set to "None." 

Also note that DAS doesn't appear to support certain key presses (F13 to F24).

I also uploaded my DayTrading profile here if you want to see it: https://mega.nz/#!Wgl2mA6a!l8cCkSJnh1c7eD6bK6VM2yE5U_DgfAd-9uAs8qEuGvw

You'd have to unzip the profile and import it.

2018-10-10_18-41-28.jpg

• Like 1

---------------------------------------------------------
Profile / Project Pages (Dynamic Hotkeys, StreamDeck Files, and other contributions are located here)

--------------------------------------------------------

Figured I'd post these here and not make a new thread. A lot of these icons were custom created by me, and a few were royalty-free. The PSD was done quickly, so it's not the easy thing to figure out - I included it, if anyone wants to create their own. If you can think of one that I'm missing, feel free to suggest it and maybe I'll create it. Also attached examples of how I have mine setup.

Design wise, I tried to coordinate the colors for easy recognition.

ICON PACK

_img_explorer_2018-10-10_18-54-03.thumb.png.d34173545989dee7c4494d43be2fa366.png

Download Here: https://mega.nz/#!798GnASY!dzl8p6cm8CgWPRh67A6-B5lVQv-Ru4cDF6cFqwUEl90

MAIN MENU:
_img_StreamDeck_2018-10-10_18-54-28.png

LONG FOLDER:
_img_StreamDeck_2018-10-10_18-54-49.png

SHORT FOLDER:
_img_StreamDeck_2018-10-10_18-54-37.png

Edited by KyleK29
  • Thanks 3

Profile / Project Pages (Dynamic Hotkeys, StreamDeck Files, and other contributions are located here)

@KyleK29  I can't get my SD to work with my DAS profile.  I've read thru the thread and I am somehow missing something critical.  My hotkeys in DAS match my instructions in SD, however when I hit the button nothing happens.  It seems that some people have figured this out, but so far I haven't.  Any help would be appreciated.

On 3/9/2019 at 9:55 AM, Marek said:

I am looking into adding the Elgato streamdeck and was wondering about accidental activation of an order on the wrong montage...that seems like it could happen fairly easily if the wrong montage was selected earlier, no? 

I have not used hot keys very much, instead focused on working better with the mouse and besides a few glitches and accidental orders it has worked ok for the most part..on the other hand getting I can see how hot keys or a stream deck can stream line the ordering process a bit with some practice and since I now also handle low floats a bit more I have a wider range of shares I buy and sell. So a stream deck with better easier access to more hot key combinations could come in handy. 

The accidental order on another montage is going to be an issue with any hotkeys. I only execute trades from one particular montage, so I have FOCUS MONTAGENAME; set on my hotkeys, this way it will always select and execute on that one.

As with most things in trading, you have to practice and learn so that you work through these kinks. Once you get used to it, it'll become second nature. I've been using for a few months and I'm practically OCD on selecting the correct montage now.

16 minutes ago, arbywilson said:

@KyleK29  I can't get my SD to work with my DAS profile.  I've read thru the thread and I am somehow missing something critical.  My hotkeys in DAS match my instructions in SD, however when I hit the button nothing happens.  It seems that some people have figured this out, but so far I haven't.  Any help would be appreciated.

And the hotkeys you set in StreamDeck are the same as you set in DAS? E.g. a hotkey on the SD set to send Ctrl+Alt+Z has a corresponding action set in DAS.

What operating system and version of DAS are you using? I remember having a brief issue where the StreamDeck and DAS wouldn't play nice.

• Thanks 1

@KyleK29 - the hotkeys I have programmed in DAS work on my keyboard, but when I program that same hotkey in streamdeck nothing happens.  I am on version 5.3.0.10 of the DAS software and my Stream Deck is brand new.  Any thoughts?

25 minutes ago, arbywilson said:

@KyleK29 - the hotkeys I have programmed in DAS work on my keyboard, but when I program that same hotkey in streamdeck nothing happens.  I am on version 5.3.0.10 of the DAS software and my Stream Deck is brand new.  Any thoughts?

Is 5.3.0.10 the current beta version? I haven't tested that, so I can't say if it's related.

You could try downloading Carnac ( https://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/show-keystrokes-on-windows-10/ ), doesn't need to be installed (just run it). It'll put the keypresses on screen so you can see what commands the StreamDeck is sending to the OS. 

Another thing you can do is set a StreamDeck command to be Ctrl+V. Copy some text to the clipboard and then select a text input box within DAS (like the symbol, or marketview) then hit that button and see if it pastes your text. If it does, you know that SD is passing the OS reserved hotkeys to DAS.

If you're in chat in the mornings, I'm usually there around 5:45am (PST) to 7:45am, so you can feel free to message me there and I can try to help out.

@RyanP

Got your message in my email but the post isn't here, you may have deleted it. But to answer your question for all, I found creating individual price icons a tad cumbersome and just use the StreamDeck's labeling with these settings, it looks pretty good (see screenshot) and is very flexible.

- Icon --> Version with the blank label space. (screenshot has: 
- Font: Microsoft Sans Serif
- Size: 9pt
- Vertical Align: Bottom
- Color: #6fd519 [long, green], #3eb8ec [short, blue]
- Show Title (yes)

SD_Font1.jpg.22b444e38f1f8b57f530de7d281ed530.jpg

• Like 2