I invested in a Elgato Stream Deck ($150!! ouch) for the purpose of more/better hotkey tech in DAS Trader Pro. Basically, it's a macro keyboard.

This leverages tech that is used by game/Twitch streamers, but it is seriously useful for us.

Of those of you who have a Stream Deck, how do you configure yours?

If you're not familiar with it, here's a demo video:

And, before I get started, here are some alternatives, although some are not suitable for a trading environment.

• Like 1

I LOVE my streamdeck. I've got mine configured with multiple screens for short and long positions in different sizes. I have the controls nested and color coded so I don't mistakenly short when I mean to go long, or to large when I mean to go small size. You can see pictures in the "show us your setup" thread. Here is my icon set if you want to use it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

It sounds like mine is set up pretty much like Jason's:

I have a toggle button at the bottom-right to go between my Long and Short screens on the Stream Deck. On the long screen:

- Buy 100, Buy 200, Buy 400

- Sell 1/4, sell 1/2, sell all

The short screen is the same except going short for the increments listed and covering the fraction of my position remaining.

I have common buttons on both screens to do functionality applicable to both:

- Cancel All (useful when you want to get rid of a limit order still waiting to be executed)

- Horizontal Line (great for setting up levels in the morning)

- Toggle Chart (jumps between 5 min and daily data view on my main chart)

- Switch View (jumps between the DAS tab I use when actually managing a trade and the DAS tab that shows me 6 charts/montages at once; I only trade on one monitor)

IMG_1734IMG_1147

Here are examples of my screens. These photos are a little old, but are generally the same as what I'm using today. I have a few more folders for experimental buy and short actions (buy 75% of buying power, etc.) that aren't pictured.

• Like 1

I purchased and set up a Razer Tartarus V2 this weekend for the same purpose. 20 keys, color coded by individual key. Can assign secondary functions to each key as well. Additionally it has an 8-way directional control that can be used too. Can assign macros, keystroke combos, etc. I was looking at the Stream Deck, but at half the price I thought IU'd give it a try. Simple to set up - all hotkeys I wanted were assigned in 15-20 minutes from unboxing. Given, it's not quite as pretty as the Stream Deck for the writing, but it will do.

I tried to post a pic, but for some reason it says I'm not allowed to do so.

I bought a Stream Deck last week and set it up over the weekend. I used it yesterday for trading and I really love it. Jason, thanks so much for sharing your icons. They look great and make my Stream Deck look really professional :)

For those still on the fence, they're $139.99 on Amazon right now and I've seen a few warehouse returns pop up. Bought a returned unit for $119, seems to have just been a packaging reject.

---------------------------------------------------------
Profile / Project Pages (Dynamic Hotkeys, StreamDeck Files, and other contributions are located here)

I bought an Elgato Streamdeck but I am unable to figure out how to setup the hotkeys.  I went to system, then hotkey, gave it a title, then in hotkey: click to assign ----- WHAT DO I DO NOW? I tried hitting the DAS hotkey on the Montage when it says "observing keystokes" but it just keeps going back to "click to assign".  ?????

@Jason H.  Hey thanks for the buttons and fonts - I too am having trouble linking the hotkeys - I've read and done some searches - can't figure out how DAS does not seem to be effected by stream deck - i'm sure i'm missing something simple - but any suggestion you might have to point me in the right direction would be really awesome.  Thanks! 🙂 

Sorry I just saw this! I had a request for my hotkey file and I'm still planning to share it but my trading machine has been dormant for 2 months and I haven't had time to get it back up and running. 

No worries jason!  I figured out that I needed to create a profile that I could bind to Das - the rest is history. 🙂   I've been adding buttons etc.  Seems to be working well now. 

This thing is the beez kneez if anyone is thinking about getting it.  Well worth it in my opinion.  Thanks Jason H. for sharing your icons!

On 7/22/2018 at 2:02 PM, jeremykelley80 said:

figured it out. 

Hey guys, just bought mine. How do you set it up with DAS? Not sure how to do that. 

Any help would be really appreciated. 

Hey FDO, 

The simplest way is to create hotkeys in DAS and then use the keyboard shortcut option in the streamdeck setup. 

• Like 1