Adam Bauer

Hotkey Error - Can't get valid price

Hello community. I have trying to All kinds of hot keys that take buying power + R ratio into a fixed risk dollar amount but continue to get this error message "ERROR: Can't get valid price!"

The scripts I am using are from this you tube video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPSLj7W-KQA

I have even tried Kyle's excel file and with those I get the same error.  These scripts are going into buttons into my montage which I have created and I have also tried click to trade via charts which I have also enabled.

I am using the 3 month BBT Das trader pro trial  Version - 5.6.4.13 Build Time - Jul 1 2021 12:23.01

Any assistance would be most appreciated.

Thank you for your time,

Adam

Can't Get valid price..JPG

Edited by Adam Bauer

Hi  all,

Was this every resolved? I can't get this error to go away. I removed ROUTE=SMRTL and it didn't help. Here is my full script. Thanks in advance for your help:

CXL ALLSYMB;StopPrice=Price+0;DefShare=BP*0.97;Price=Price-Bid+0.00;SShare=25/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=SMRTL;Price=Bid-0.05;TIF=DAY+;SELL=Send;DefShare=200;Price=StopPrice-Bid*2;Price=Bid-Price;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:RANGE LowPrice:Price HighPrice:StopPrice ACT:BUY QTY:POS TIF:DAY+

Shpend

Hi, I cannot get this to work either, I get following error:

Untitled.thumb.png.0dd27fd7fc12fa46ee52a35da026e847.png

The script is: 

CXL ALLSYMB;StopPrice=Price+0;DefShare=BP*0.925;Price=Price-Bid+0.00;SShare=20/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=LIMIT;Price=Bid-0.02;TIF=DAY+;SELL=Send;DefShare=200;Price=StopPrice-Bid*2;Price=Bid-Price;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:RANGE LowPrice:Price HighPrice:StopPrice ACT:BUY QTY:POS TIF:DAY+

To short risking $20 for $40 reward using Shift+F2

I have tried the following routes: LIMIT, SMRTL & TESTSL which I found in the "Route Status" window of DAS: https://dastrader.com/docs/how-do-i-add-new-routes-to-my-montage-window/

Help appreciated. 🙂

ERROR: Can't get valid price

For me, this usually happens when a hotkey or hot button is activated when the MONTAGE window has no focus.

You can see if the MONTAGE window has focus - it will have a green border.

Solution: click on the MONTAGE window to gain focus (it's border green) before a hotkey or hot button is activated.