Bornready95

Looking to Upgrade Technology

I have been trading with a Lenovo laptop and two additional screens, the technology I started my trading with. Now with the addition of DAS trader and Trade Ideas Scanners I don't have enough memory. Looking to purchase a new desktop setup,  Origin M Class Workstation 32gb RAM was recommended to me, wanted to see if anyone has had experience with these or any other recommendations? I want to make sure I invest in the technology I need and am ok with paying for performance. Thank you for any and all suggestions.

Ok it was only $100 difference to get the additional RAM. Do you have any recommendations as far as brand or is the Origin M Class workstation good only with less RAM? 16gb?

Seems like a lot of people go with laptops. The link you attached I believe was the Dell XPS? Would you go with a laptop over a full desktop setup? Seems to be the most recommended. Like a Dell Insperion 16gb?

My main priority is investing the money to get something dependable, I have plenty of deskspace, currently i connect my laptop to my screens so I could replace this laptop for another that has the appropriate specs. I guess Im confused on whether to go with a desktop or laptop, not much of a computers guy developed a passion for the markets and trading so Im trying to get better at the tech part, no prior experience in gaming or anything really. 

On 8/17/2021 at 10:32 AM, Bornready95 said:

My main priority is investing the money to get something dependable, I have plenty of deskspace, currently i connect my laptop to my screens so I could replace this laptop for another that has the appropriate specs. I guess Im confused on whether to go with a desktop or laptop, not much of a computers guy developed a passion for the markets and trading so Im trying to get better at the tech part, no prior experience in gaming or anything really. 

Check the system requirements for DAS Trader Pro here, DAS Trader Pro is not a very resource-heavy program so you won´t need an overkill system, unless you will use it for other tasks.