CliffG

Is this a U-Turn Trade? - From the Trading the Open Webinar by Earl

I found there was very little follow-through in the market today.  I ended up with three scratch trades out of five trades.

13 minutes ago, Earl Damron said:

I found there was very little follow-through in the market today.  I ended up with three scratch trades out of five trades.

Me too....was wondering if u noticed smaller runs on a Friday in general ?

PFE was the best for me, but noticed that a few others "non-traditional" tickers did make big runs.  But the opportunities are significant, makes me want to buy 3 more monitors...LOL.

My observation has been lower RVOL on Friday…harder to rely on patterns.  On Friday, watch those RVOLs!

Working on one or more scanners to find the non-traditional moves.  I trade with a few members of the community every morning via Zoom.  It helps to have more eyes on the market, calling out patterns & strays (yes…I’m an Avengers fan!).  More than one of us experienced little follow-though today.

You have to be ready to re-enter when the move you’re expecting occurs, even if it takes a couple tries.

Yes…three displays…one for Montage, one for watch charts, and one for scanners.

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Earl Damron said:

Yes…three displays…one for Montage, one for watch charts, and one for scanners.

LOOOOLLLLL.........U do not know this but I have 7 monitors now ..........so 3 more would be crazy, but the opportunities r so much.

As a scanner I use TradingView see below and sort based on ATR, hoping to find longer runs.

image.thumb.png.efdd0e1aa2fafd244d4b5dda7253cd8c.png

Edited by Alastair

6 minutes ago, Pedro Pereira said:

Hi Earl,

Is there room for more traders?

I'd love to be part of the story also 😉 

We could form a second group and ask Earl to visit every once and a while ?

I think he has limited the current group.

If interested lets talk abt it and ask him to share some of his time.    @Erwann  @Pedro Pereira

@Alastair is right, in that the group I trade with all requested that the group remain small.

I'm certainly game for starting a second group, and would be very happy to join once or twice a week.   I'm really enjoying trading with my current group.  We all trade in similar ways, and tend to watch similar stocks.  We're also pretty similar in where we're at in our trading journey.  It's also helpful to be trading together to share the many ups and downs of how our trades are going, share rules, thoughts, scanners, etc..

In all, a great experience, and creating an additional group would be a great idea, whether I'm in it or not!

If anyone is inclined to set something up using Zoom (or whatever) for a group meeting at the open, I'm all for it, and would love to be included.

@CliffG  @Erwann   @Pedro Pereira  Lets chat via voice zoom today after market close.

Things to discuss

1. Structure of group, size, focus,  etc.

2. How to work the process.....I am suggesting voice only since we also have BBT streaming

3. Times we will meet.....suggest a time b4 market and some other time twice a week after close

4. Technology

5. Invite @EarlD and maybe pick his brain on how he would recommend we operate ....hope he allows us to pick this info

6. Any other info or suggestions that my arise

Anyone willing to host today ? I could use ZOOM........ jus have not done it in a while.

feedback pls.

I’m happy to host.  I have a Pro Zoom account, so no real limitations.  I’ll post the invite here shortly.

I’ll fire it up at 4:05p Market time.

5 minutes ago, Earl Damron said:

I’m happy to host.  I have a Pro Zoom account, so no real limitations.  I’ll post the invite here shortly.

I’ll fire it up at 4:05p Market time.

Great Thanks/