Robert H

How to Increase Y-Axis Scale to See More Price Levels

Here is a couple of hotkeys I use to quickly jump from '40' Margin to '99' Margin and back to my base Margin default of '20'

image.png.d0ef0958cd44073ab672da3317c685e6.png

I use it depending on my Chart window size.

Examples of 20, 40 & 99 (all same ticker / 5 min)

image.thumb.png.8cfe8183435f89f733101d569ad3163a.png

• Thanks 2

Zoom and Scale- One thing I discovered today when setting up my charts on this topic.  Scaling is also affected by your moving averages and price marker settings.  When you configure your Levels setting like Y Low & Y High or Pre Mkt Low & High or Moving averages indicators in the study config section when right clicking on chart,  you may want to un-click the "include in scale" box in the config ex which will allow you to Zoom/scroll into you area of interest without making the candlesticks or chart smaller. 

Study Config--> highlight study--> hit configex--> check or uncheck the "include in scale" box

I left it checked for Candlesticks but removed it for everything else and I have beautiful zoom in & out scaling. 

• Like 1

You're a life-saver! thanks very kindly. BBT for life. (Richi)

On 4/14/2020 at 4:50 PM, Jason Brumm said:

Zoom and Scale- One thing I discovered today when setting up my charts on this topic.  Scaling is also affected by your moving averages and price marker settings.  When you configure your Levels setting like Y Low & Y High or Pre Mkt Low & High or Moving averages indicators in the study config section when right clicking on chart,  you may want to un-click the "include in scale" box in the config ex which will allow you to Zoom/scroll into you area of interest without making the candlesticks or chart smaller. 

Study Config--> highlight study--> hit configex--> check or uncheck the "include in scale" box

I left it checked for Candlesticks but removed it for everything else and I have beautiful zoom in & out scaling. 

Thanks a lot, Jason!!