Roberto

Who's using CenterPoint/Cobra ?

IB has to go, it's terrible for short locates, and just f'n terrible at some really important things.

Who's using Cobra or CenterPoint, and what's your opinion of them?

16 minutes ago, Roberto said:

IB has to go, it's terrible for short locates, and just f'n terrible at some really important things.

Who's using Cobra or CenterPoint, and what's your opinion of them?

I used CenterPoint for awhile. As for locating shorts they are better than IB ONLY if you are in no hurry locating them and don't mind paying extra. Thus, using their locator service for 1/2/5 min ORBs will make trading difficult. If you are a trend trader or don't trade in the first 15min then it will work for you. As for their free short list, it is terrible. Way worse than IB and even worse than CMEG.

IBs execution speed is also better than CP. I even paid extra for their fastest route and that was only adequate.

The IT issues with CP were more common than IB. About once every two months I was unable to trade due to tech issues. Also, I had trouble with my stops not working. I never had a stop not work with CMEG or IB. But 3 times CP missed my stop and once was extremely costly to me and I closed my account the next day.

Interesting. CP uses DAS as it's platform, and it's that much worse than DAS with IB?

ORBs are not really of interest to me, so that's not such an issue though. 

They have a two week trial at least, so I can see how it is without committing. 

Edited by Roberto

On 7/3/2021 at 5:32 PM, Rob C said:

I used CenterPoint for awhile.

Were you using DAS with CP?

Edited by Roberto

7 hours ago, Roberto said:

Were you using DAS with CP?

Yes, DAS Pro with CP.

• Thanks 1