FlourishingWeee

Building a trading bot in python with IB's API

Hey guys,

I just recently started building my own trading bot in python using IB's API.

Anyone else working with bots right now?  Could be nice to share info or just keep in touch for help/ideas/motivation.

Thanks!

• Like 2

I have built a client that automatically trades with IB's API. This API uses the same infrastructure as TWS. I had built the client for forex trading and it worked well, from a technical perspective. But not from a financial perspective. 😁

Now I am again considering an equity automation, or partial automation to be exact but to me a first question that needs to be answered is, is the DAS infrastructure for prices and orders faster than the IB/TWS infrastructure?  It seems generally accepted that TWS is overall slower than DAS (for equities). Has anyone ever pitted DAS Pro and IB TWS head to head for equities from a performance (fill quality, speed) perspective? I would choose my API based on that.

On 5/26/2021 at 7:20 AM, FlourishingWeee said:

Hey guys,

I just recently started building my own trading bot in python using IB's API.

Anyone else working with bots right now?  Could be nice to share info or just keep in touch for help/ideas/motivation.

Thanks!

Just curious, how did this work out?  I'm using python for analyzing now but interested in trading or back testing with it.

• Like 1