Luke7t

DAS Pro Trader Demo- $Risk hotkey's STOP Order not set (Kyle's Hotkey)

Good day everyone. 

This is Luke here, I appreciate BBT and Kyle's contribution on building the hotkeys here given in this post: 

But I am facing a problem..

I am trying out the code Kyle provided, one for LONG (with $5 risk), one for SHORT (with $5 risk too)

But let's just talk about the LONG code.

And from my understanding,

1) LONG ($5 risk, with Stop Trigger Order set to "False")  -   This code would NOT set a stop order for us...? correct? Please correct me if I am wrong

DefShare=BP*0.97;Price=Ask-Price+0.01;SShare=5/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=LIMIT;Price= Ask+0.05;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Send;DefShare=400;

2) LONG ($5 risk, with Stop Trigger Order set to "True")   -   This code would set a stop order for us...? correct? Please correct me if I am wrong

StopPrice=Price-0.01;DefShare=BP*0.97;Price=Ask-Price+0.01;SShare=5/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=LIMIT;Price= Ask+0.05;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Send;DefShare=400;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice-0.3 ACT:SELL STOPPRICE:StopPrice QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+;

However, when I fired the hot key of 2),

Yes, the go LONG order went it, with correct share sizes calculated etc, however,

why did I never see any Stop order being set? FYI, I have already changed the Montage style to 'STOP ORDER".

Testing environment: Both during market hour and during replay mode few hours ago, in DAS PRO 14 days Demo.

Thanks!!!

Updates to the question:

Thanks to @Bryan W

1)First Script is only helping to set an appropriate share size to enter into a position. In the example above, share size for $5 risk. HOWEVER, without setting any Stop Order in place.

2)Second Script does the same, with a Stop Order set in place at where we double clicked (+ whatever amount of Stop Buffer, in this case, extra $0.01 buffer)

I tried the above 2) Script during market hours, and it worked. However, I am still not sure why it didn't work in replay mode.

Hey @Luke7t 

I am having the same issue. I am using DAS simulator and using Kyles script but the stop order does not get placed.

StopPrice=Price-0.01;DefShare=BP*1;Share=DefShare*0.25*Price*0.01;Price=Ask-Price+0.01;SShare=Share/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=LIMIT;Price= Ask+0.1;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Send;DefShare=400;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice-0.3 ACT:SELL STOPPRICE:StopPrice QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+;

11 hours ago, GucciTrader said:

Hey @Luke7t 

I am having the same issue. I am using DAS simulator and using Kyles script but the stop order does not get placed.

StopPrice=Price-0.01;DefShare=BP*1;Share=DefShare*0.25*Price*0.01;Price=Ask-Price+0.01;SShare=Share/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=LIMIT;Price= Ask+0.1;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Send;DefShare=400;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice-0.3 ACT:SELL STOPPRICE:StopPrice QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+;

Hey @GucciTrader Good day.

Do you experience it during Market hour? or in replay mode?

Upon further investigation, I learnt that the fixed risks hotkey above (Yours is based on Equity%Risk, Mine is based on $dollar risk)

Would still help to open the right share size, but the stop loss would not be placed in REPLAY MODE.

They shall work outside of replay mode though.

@Luke7t

I am using it in Replay Mode. I can confirm that the stop is not getting place for me either. 

I am also still using it to open the right share size, but then manually adding my stop after. 

Good to know that it will work outside replay mode, though it would be nice if they could fix this issue.

Did anyone ever fix the issue? It would really help if we were practicing the exact same steps in Replay Mode as during the live session. Thanks for any info!

229201852_2024-01-1508_49_39-DASTraderAMTDPoweredbyDASTrader.comReplaymode.png.7998c856d9a4a9e564ed65a5aa559103.png

I am having this problem as well.

I cannot get the script to work, i.e. also set the stop,  trading live but on my demo account.

I am on IKBR so using SMRTL instead of LIMIT.