Sign in to follow this  
wpicotte

Question About DAS Montage Lock

As a safeguard for my live account, I've saved all Montages on my DAS desktops to 'locked', with my trading account displayed in the account dropdown. The idea here is that I would need to manually unlock the Montage and change it to my trading account.

However, I'm still able to change the account in the dropdown while the Montage is locked. I assume, therefore, that the "lock" is only for trade buttons, not the dropdown?

The lock only greys out the trading buttons (and prevents hotkey orders). You can still change account, share size, etc.

OK -- so basically the only way to ensure that the correct account is selected when initiating a trade is visually. I've set the account associated to each market in the global trade template to blank -- i.e. there is no 'default account' for a Montage to revert to when I select a symbol in a Market Viewer.