Phil G

Cobra Trading Review / Feedback?

Hi Guys

I am thinking of switching broker from Lightspeed to Cobra trading and looking for some feedback from people that have/are a customer with them please?

Cobra seems attractive to me because they tick all the day traders criteria checklist inc good platforms, direct access and low commissions. They also have free routes for removing liquidity which I havent seen anywhere else. 

I have also looked at Centrepoint and they seems to be a lot reviews online but im leaning towards Cobra because I could potentially have a very low margin between my gross and net profit with Cobra due to their low commissions and ecn fees.

If anyone has some feedback on Cobra I would love to hear it, particularly around their execution speed.

Thanks everyone.

Can you share an update?  What made you consider moving away from Ligthspeed?  I also use Lightspeed and am curious to know.  I'd say that the Lightspeed Trader platform is somewhere in between TWS (not great for intraday trading) and DAS (highly feature rich).  But Lightspeed is probably closer to DAS than TWS.  However, the main reason for me to choose Lightspeed over IBKR (I have IBKR account also) is customer service.  When you call Lightspeed a person answers the phone on the second ring.  Have you tried to call or chat with IBKR recently?  Forget about it.  They will not be able to take your call/chat request.  It wasn't like this when I had an account back in 2016 and they were fairly responsive.  But maybe it is because back then I had over $300k in the account.  Now I only have $1000 to enable the paper trading with live data.  Or it could be they simply have had a massive increase in account openings with COVID and cannot have enough staff to support.  I hope it gets better.

I've been using Cobra for the past 2 months and quite satisfied with them. Their locates are pretty good w/ reasonable prices and sometimes even free! if you contact their live support. 

Hi, I am using Cobra for the past 7 months. I was with IB before. I am very satisfied with Cobra, they have great customer support, low fee short locates if you short low float stocks. 

Edited by Armin

On 10/6/2021 at 11:32 AM, Armin said:

Hi, I am using Cobra for the past 7 months. I was with IB before. I am very satisfied with Cobra, they have great customer support, low fee short locates if you short low float stocks. 

Are you still with Cobra?