Hamish Arnold

Hotkey to set lines at R multiples

I was hoping that someone might have a hotkey to set partial levels, based on entry vs stop level (namely 1R), and then setting lines at 1R profit, and progressively 2R, 3R, 4R, 5R.  I would anticipate that you would need a different set of hotkeys for long and short positions, and would love it if you could have a single key setting all 5 levels with one hotkey, but first question would be is this possible and has anyone got anything like this?

DAS has a tool called Fib Retracement which could be repurposed for this.  If DAS would modify this tool to allow the custom levels in a hotkey, via scripts, it would be helpful.  Kyle has a bit of info on this here:

https://forums.bearbulltraders.com/topic/912-an-idea-for-drawing-risk-reward-in-das/?tab=comments#comment-17145

But I would suggest u also send a request into DAS support via email to allow for the setup of custom levels in Fib Retrace  with a script/hotkey tool and u could set all the levels for ur Rs.   Each button could have different levels depending on ur needs.

The more people that request and follow up on the request the higher probability that it will be done. Yes i have a request in but I would appreciate that u also request the enhancement too.

Yeah, the current solution is to use the Fib. These are my settings it - you click and drag from your entry point to your stop level.

image.png.5a6272652abf0a878bce0e69c4913de9.png

Looks like this

image.png.d95f449fd22a7ee2d826d5958c2faa9e.png

• Like 3

But wait! There's more! @Alastair @peterB

I actually do have a hotkey that will place down R levels. It's a bit of a hack but it works! And being such a visual person, these are a godsend for helping me get to my R goals.

The way it works is if you are in a position with a stop loss set, it utilizes your SIM account to place the target levels at 1R, 2R, etc.

Look below - the green arrow is obviously my entry, and the blue arrow is my stop loss in my live account. And then when I hit the hotkey it will place two orders at 1R and 2R (orange arrow) with 1 share using my SIM account. Basically it does the math calculation for 1R and 2R, swaps the montage to my SIM account, places the orders, then puts the montage right back to my live account.

The 1 share orders never get filled (I'm actually not sure why...), so as the price gets to the 1R and 2R markers you can take a partial or full exit, and it will be executed in your live account. After the trade is done just cancel the orders.

image.png.9e408a7c94703dd4b057dfbba69a17d8.png

Long

StopPrice=AvgCost-StopPrice;Price=AvgCost+StopPrice;Share=1;TIF=DAY+;Route=Stop;StopType=Limit;Account=TRIBTXXXX;Sell=Send;Account=UXXXXXXX;StopPrice=StopPrice*2;Price=AvgCost+StopPrice;Share=1;TIF=DAY+;Route=Stop;StopType=Limit;Account=TRIBTXXXX;Sell=Send;Account=UXXXXXXX

Short

StopPrice=StopPrice-AvgCost;Price=AvgCost-StopPrice;Share=1;TIF=DAY+;Route=Stop;StopType=Limit;Account=TRIBTXXXX;Buy=Send;Account=UXXXXXXX;StopPrice=StopPrice*2;Price=AvgCost-StopPrice;Share=1;TIF=DAY+;Route=Stop;StopType=Limit;Account=TRIBTXXXX;Buy=Send;Account=UXXXXXXX

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 3/25/2021 at 6:52 PM, Justin said:

actually do have a hotkey that will place down R levels. It's a bit of a hack but it works! And being such a visual person, these are a godsend for helping me get to my R goals

Wow, ur a little wizard........😉.  how do u dream up things like this.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Alastair said:

Wow, ur a little wizard........😉.  how do u dream up things like this.

It helps that I actually dream about DAS and trading some nights 😂