Drew M

Drawing Support and Resistance Lines in DAS

I wanted to see if there was a way to draw multiple horizontal lines on DAS charts without having to reselect the line tool. Is that possible?

Thanks

Are you clicking the little line icon in toolbar? There should be a hotkey to select the line tool faster (Page Down). I changed my hotkey to SPACEBAR so I can press it with my left hand while operating the mouse with my right.

• Like 3

Oh perfect! I hadn't seen that in the hot keys. Ill definitely try with the spacebar too, that seems more convenient.

Thanks for the quick response!

Hi Robert, thanks for the tip. For some reason I can't stop the pen to draw multiple lines. How do you deselect after having drawn the lines? thanks

I haven't figured out a way to deselect via hotkey. I just put down a random line, right-click, remove. It should return back to your regular cursor.

Mine reverts to mouse pointer after I click to place the line.  If i decide not to place a line then I right click and it reverts.

I know this is an old post, but can anyone tell me how to make sure that, when I draw a horizontal line, that it draws the line on ALL the charts tied to that montage?  It would be great to have the levels on all charts!

25 minutes ago, BMAC said:

I know this is an old post, but can anyone tell me how to make sure that, when I draw a horizontal line, that it draws the line on ALL the charts tied to that montage?  It would be great to have the levels on all charts!

Right click your charts > Configure

Check off Default Global Trendline. You can also check off Auto load/save global trendlines if you want those lines to save for the next time you open DAS.

DefaultGlobalTrendline.jpg.eedbf49b7aaa8a56c8e6c8c62afb97d6.jpg

It's not tied to the montage though; it's tied to the ticker. So if you open the same ticker on two different montages you'll see the same lines... Somehow I don't think that will be a problem for what you want though 🙂

Edited by Justin
  • Like 1