Anyone tried ProRealTime?  It's popular in Europe with IG, but it also integrates as API to IBKR.  Free to try with data stream for 14 days like DAS, and if you attach to IBKR account, it appears to be 3 months free.  I'm looking at some of the features now.  StreamDeck integration is unreal...

Screenshot (54).png

Screenshot (56).png

So I have a 3 month free trial with IBKR, and I must say this platform is impressive.  When I hit the order, it's registering in TWS faster than when I use the TWS interface.  Instant.

There is a fixed risk function, but it's not quite as good as I need.  it seems like it throws a limit order and then lets you drag the stop from there and calculates the shares.  Looking into if there's options to run a market order.

This project is coming along nicely.  I'm pretty sure this will be replacing both DAS and TI as one package that will be superior to both and cost less money.  I've been writing bits of code, for which there is lots of help and documentation.  For instance, here's a scanner that looks for 3 day inner Camarilla relationship:

image.thumb.png.45154d166ad33fc75eb718c9654bb226.png

image.thumb.png.00a74ebc95ada6f218eacceff003b615.png

• Like 2

Hello @Roberto

Thanks for starting this tread on Prorealtime (PRT). This platform looks really nice. 

According to your experience, is PRT fast enought for day trading please?

It's fast enough, but the API is not great.  But that's as much of a problem with IB then any other integrator.  PRT has a direct server like DAS, but not available outside EU I think.  So it's a great charting and scanning tool, but I will still use IB for order entries until I can have access tot he direct server.

HI , am using PRT too. but on the mac since the new ARM Processor its 20% slower than normal. Charting is nice and tool itself is ok. But for daytrading Stocks it is not my favorite. The test I do with DAS are much more promising as DAS for me seems to be faster. 

For the Streamdeck, (on mac - maybe windows is different) I can use it only for PRT or with the dedicated Stream Deck software. 

If the SD software is running then PRT won't let me use the SD configurations. 

Also you can only trade one instrument or you need to program many instruments and activate them with a button. 

But you cannot trade on the current active chart like in DAS where you double click and then trade. 

I can imagine if you trade fixed instruments, lie EUR/USD, SPY etc then its ok, but with an every day changing list of Stocks in Play the SD is not feasible with PRT for me. 

cheers

Thomas

Edited by eckerth
spelling

They are supposedly updating the Streamdeck feature where you would select a ticker and the buttons would all be locked to it. The existing design was made by a Forex guy I think so he was trading the same instruments all day, ok for that, but useless otherwise. 

HI , yes that is implemented. .

But then the buttons are linked to few instruments.. 

image.thumb.png.77c66ec1e0c46e8a25c8a9f58137d666.png

the other mode looks like this

here you choose the instrument on the left (here 5 are programmed) and the buttons then work for that instrument. 

image.thumb.png.047f654a031233dbae26d46aee1191e0.png

But more options you don't have.. so 32 buttons, that's it.. 

don't like it.. 

brgds

Thomas

Edited by eckerth
typo

From my understanding, the new release will link the bottom grid to the ticker you have selected on the computer screen.

image.thumb.png.5e73c93e9c193564cfd5dfb8b76cc0af.png

Does this mean it is free with an active IB account with a deposit over $3K indefinitely, or only the first 3 months?

HI 

I pay 20EUR a month, but as I trade enough they wave the fees... 

For each trade 1 get a bonus of 1 EUR.. if I have more then 20 trades = 20 Eur then they account is free,..

trades are forex, stocks, futures etc...

other than fees I never paid anything to Pro Realtime

brgds

Thomas

Something tells me that offer is only good if you trade through the IBKR direct servers. PRT does not offer this outside the EU.

Hi, 

Commissions seems to be much higher when using PRT.

image.png.d3e9b40d9f3dca80fa5d4ca2b16b51d5.png

PRT request to open a new IB acount wiht their link, you can't use an existing IB account if I remeber well.