Roberto

Camarilla calculations not correct for IBKR

Has anyone done their Camarilla calculations by hand and compared them to on screen values?

My calculations don't agree with IBKR, I'd like to know if anyone else has seen this....

I've noticed that they can be different in TradingView and ThinkorSwim, versus IBKR. Still, I think IBKR calculates them the same as DAS when it's paired with IBKR. At least my IBKR levels match Thor's.

I think it has to do with the extended hours data each platform uses. I find that IBKR's levels work well for me. In the Pivot Boss book, Frank Ochoa says that levels based off regular hours and extended hours both work well.

I've found the numbers to inconsistent to the point of being unreliable.  The best answer I've gotten from a trading platform so far is that it's possible not to get every single order from every exchange in the database, in which case a H/L could be off...

Hey Roberto, I've tried this re-calculation several times and even with online calculators on webpages the pivots never seem to agree. I use the Camarilla on IBKR TWS and they seem to work pretty well in terms of how price action reacts to them. We made a comparison with ToS and we were able to match the pivots, however before comparing them you should check if the calculaton of the highs and lows include or not the data from pre-market because that will make a big difference

Hey Jose, 

How were you able to match them with TOS? I have both TOS and IBKR TWS and they look different in TOS (last time I checked). One thing I have noticed is that TWS will calculate Cams 1-4 and then 6. What it calls 5 is really level 6, and it skips 5. This is comparing to Kyle's formula at https://kaelmedia.com/projects/tradepivots/?symbol=AAPL

Thanks!

Miguel

• Like 1