Roberto

TI HOD/LOD Camarilla scanners

20 hours ago, Roberto said:

Good luck. I only run these scanners against my own custom symbol lists, so you might need to think about how to filter what you want to see.

You breezed by this post lol

Yes, i think it's a pretty good strategy.

But do you know how can i make this scanner :

Alert 1- yesterday close price is above yesterday central pivot range(>R1) AND today's open price is above central pivot range(>R1) bullish bias - populate the windows just at the open

Alert 2- yesterday close price is below yesterday central pivot range(<S1) AND today's open price is below central pivot range(<S1) bearish bias - populate the windows just at the open

And for the fun:

Alert 3- Yesterday central pivot range is larger than today's central pivot range AND today's central pivot range is inside yesterday's central pivot range

It would be great to have all symbols in the market that have this criteria.

Let's say i have some stocks on the alert 1, then i know i will be only trading long when the price approach some camarilla points.

Hello fellows!

I am just trying to calculate the Camarila Pivots (S6 - R6) in Trade-Ideas. However, Trade-Ideas calculates different pivot points than Das Trader does.

In Das Trader I do not use the pre-market data for the calculation of the pivots.

It looks like the difference comes from different prices used in Trade-Ideas vs. Das Trader with regards to Close Price and High and Low of the previous trading session.

Do you know how to fix this and how to get the same prices for calculation on both systems?

Thanks.

Michael

Keep in mind that TI may not have all the data feeds DAS does. I have run into situations where a print gets 'lost' that skews a Camarilla calculation. You may never get 100% sync between trading platforms. 

Hi Roberto. Thanks for your information.

As far as I see, for the calculation of the pivots we need only close, hig and low of the previous day.

I the DAS chart of the stock I can see the same values for close, high and low as I can see in Trade-Ideas for Close, High and Low.

I have put these values and all formulas into excel and the calculation of the pivots in excel and Trade-Ideas gives me the same results.

Just DAS has slightly different results.

Do you know if I can see somewhere the formulas DAS uses to calculate the pivots?