Trader Scott

What Order Execution Platform Do you Use?

Greetings All,

I'm just getting started with swing trading and am confused on which order execution platform to use. Which one do you recommend? Do you use an "all in one" that does charting, analysis, news and order executions?

I have not started day trading yet so I would be starting from scratch. 

I would appreciate any advice. 

Thank you!

Scott

I don't swing personally, but I believe I've heard Brian Pezim mention that he uses TD to swing, though I'm not sure if he uses TOS with it or not. I'm pretty sure that his analysis is all done on stockcharts.com and that's what you see when he does his analysis in the chatroom before the close. 

• Like 1

Awesome thanks. Yes Brian said that he was trying out TrendSpider currently but not sure if they do order executions. 

I have a TD account but have not tried it ToS because of all the problems I have read about. I also wasn't sure if the $100 a month for DAS was needed for swings. I'll eventually get into Day Trading though so it might be good to just get used to DAS...not sure.

I use TD and I find the platform very effective. My limit trades more often than not are executed to my favor.

• Like 1

I have made good money from eToro. I know it doesn't have the reputation that many of the more professional platforms do but its free, has a good execution, provides a handful of indicators and has a paper trading option. Plus its free to use. So I have no complaints!

Hi Trader Scott

Welcome to Swing Trading.....little late with my comments but hope this is helpful as well.

It seems you have a TD Investment Account. This gives access to three trading platforms: 1. Webbroker 2. TD Advanced Dashboard 3. Thinkorswim.

If you are interested in swing trading, they will all do the job. However, I would not limit my trading to the functions of the platform. The platform is just an interface/application software. Before you use the application, you should have a Trade Plan. In your Trade Plan you would identify what you want to trade, where to get the information, what analysis you need to perform and how and when to place trade orders. The application tool should be compatible with your Trade Plan, not the other way around.

Food for thought: Design your trade. Trade your design. Keep your trade simple. Take responsibility for your trade.