Sign in to follow this  
Monk

Double Bottom info

Has Brian P opined on the Double Bottom strategy in the forum or a video. I've seen his recaps and I get the visual on the Double Bottom. I'm just wondering if he has elaborated on any other setup traits of Double Bottoms. Thank you.

Monk, check out this YouTube video Brian uploaded for a Double Bottom trade on MU.

Throwing a quick example of today's double 1 minute bottom that Brian pointed out to us in chat.  The 5-minute doesn't show much sign of a reversal at all, however looking into the 1 minute candles tells us the a clearer story....another lesson to use multiple time-frames when trading reversals.

Once upon a time there was STX....the first time I went long I got stopped out, but my stop was at .46 area...so not sure why I had a bad fill in the .20s area...could be really fast price action slippage...I don't remember. It was a 1:1 risk, 2nd time was about a 1:5 R/R and nailed it.

The lesson I want to point out is you can't take a reversal based on the 5 minute alone, sometimes you need to get an entry on the 1-minute that doesn't stop you out...just look at that huge 5 min candle at 9:55...you can't see the double bottom on the 5-min chart but you can on the 1-minute. 

Once you see the 2nd bottom form and bounce you can go long, I love those booster candles @ 10:01, they show a lot of conviction. 

One trade that worked out, one that didn't (50%) but bc of R/R, I was able to make a decent profit.

2018-07-30_20-38-15 STX review.jpg