Sign in to follow this  
frank2403

Hot key problem

Hey everyone!

I was wondering if anybody else is experiencing this issue or if someone know how to fix it.

Sometimes my hotkeys don't ''register'' on DAS, I click it and nothing happens, no orders are being sent. I checked the messages in the montage and there is nothing so my order isn't rejected and it happens for long and shorts so its not because there is no shares for short either. I can also buy a bigger order be alright and later in the day a small order and it doesn't register.

My last guess is that it may be my keyboard but I doubt it. I tested my keyboard keys and I did not have any issue. Do you guys have any idea of what's happening?

Thanks a lot

Are you making sure the Montage is selected when pressing the hotkey? It has to be active for the hotkey to work.

That's very odd. Try another keyboard and see if the issue persists. I've never had that happen--only hotkey mistakes lol

I also have a problem with the hotkeys that just started maybe the same day as this post. In the Sim, my hotkey buttons used to work fine (several weeks), but recently when I click my hotkey buttons is says "Error: please select route". This also happens when I actually type the standard hotkey combinations that come in DAS and in Andrews hotkey file. I have the script specifying the route (example: ROUTE=SMRTL;Share=400;Price=Ask+0.10;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Send), but it still says I need to enter the route.

For the last few days, I can only send orders when I manually select the route every time. I know my montage is selected and the button is in the montage window.

Another issue which happened at or around the same time is that the colors on my position and top list windows also changed which is strange. I save the default dsk the way I like it and it just changed.

Thanks in advance!

April, I had gotten in touch with Dastrader support regarding the same issue which you are facing. They asked me to change my hotkey configuration so that the route I was using was either LIMIT or STOP for the hotkeys I had configured. They said that the routes that you can choose are normally dependent on your broker and because this is a simulator account it must have something to do with what the simulator software is configured to accept as valid routes.

As an example the hotkey which you mentioned above would probably work if you changed the route from SMRTL to LIMIT:

ROUTE=LIMIT;Share=400;Price=Ask+0.10;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Send

Hope this helps!

/Pankaj